General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Opinions Please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 10:43 PM

Opinions Please...

Long before I bought my 2008 Panel I was planning on what I was going to do to whatever Panel I did get...I first considered converting a PT Cruiser to a panel, but then decided to get a HHR.
My plan was to do it up like a late 50's, early 60's Speed Shop vehicle...Like what they used to use as a support vehicle for their drag cars or just as an advertising gimmick at the drags. I was going to use Mongo's Speed And Custom as a name, with probably Irwindale or Pomona as a city, and an authentic street address and 60's era phone number in big letters on the sides....

However...

Now I've started to think why not get some actual advertising out of it, and
since I do Glamour Photography as a semi-pro/Advanced Amateur...and since finding models is especially hard up in the Great Rural North Woods maybe I should advertise that....

Which brings up a whole nother problem...The word "photography" is rather long, and couple that with something that hints at Glamour as a specialty and I'm not sure I can get it all on the side of the panel without it looking either to crowded or the letters being so small you can't read 'em...

So...My Question...anyone got any good ideas for a name? I've had a web site called "SimplyErotic", and I use "PowerAndBeauty" on my Pbase pages, but neither of those come close to working. I need a "Short Word" Photography that tells everyone I shoot primarily glamour...

OR...

Should I just stick with my original idea...?
Old 10-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Deceased

Hmm...how about "Glamour Gals" with some airbrushed artwork reminiscent of WWII aircraft nose art, like oh, this lady for example...

Then your contact info below umm....her.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Administrator

I'm sure Jessica Rabbit will turn some heads!!
I'm with Mike and the Red Hot and then either the full word Photography and phone #
Or web address....
Red Hot Shots ... Naw might be confused with a bar or liquor company!
Red Hot Pics ... Naw, doesn't cut the mustard!!
Red Hot Photography, yep that's the ticket! It makes a more professional statement, and takes away from one guy in a van cruising school yards and any creepy motives.

Go for it Mongo, CorvetteMongo, that is , not you Mongo, ah Mike!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:14 AM

Also consider a vinyl wrap, you can transfer any photo onto your vehicle.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:19 AM

I had thought about using graphics before...probably would if I had a white panel. This is what I use for my business cards but don't think the image would look right on my bright red panel...???

I was thinking more now of just the letters, in the engine turned style, gold color.

Red Hot Photography might work if I use the image...The only possibility I could come up with is "Glamour Girl Photography"...but it's to long and sounds kinda hoakie...

Name:  FinalCard4.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  152.7 KB

Thanks for your imput Oldblue and 843de and prod...

Old 10-16-2015, 10:43 AM

I got really, REALLY ambitious and decided to photoshop a photo of my HHR with the lettering and image I'm thinking about now...How does this look? I'd use the engine turned gold for the lettering instead of yellow like in this image though...

Any Suggestions...???

Name:  LetteringTemplate%202Small.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  327.7 KB
Old 10-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Administrator

That works, except try an HHR in place of the Willys
Old 10-16-2015, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
That works, except try an HHR in place of the Willys
Unfortunately I don't have the artistic skill to draw a Pro-Streeted HHR...or anything else for that matter....I'm kinda stuck using what I have.
I've sent the photo of my HHR with the photoshopped graphics and all specs to the place that will make it...I also asked about them changing the Willys color to white, although I guess the blue doesn't look all that bad...
The lettering fit better than I expected too...guess it's a good thing I did that photo...

Any other input before I actually plunk down my dollars and final specs would be appreciated...
Old 10-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Deceased

One word Mongo, B*tchin' man, absolutely B*tchin'!!
Old 10-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Administrator

The HHR change was more tongue in cheek!! Lay your money down!! I'm sure this will be a great attention getter for your business

Quick Reply: Opinions Please...