General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Opinions Please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:14 PM

maybe "Glamour Gals" arc over top of image & "photography" straight (or "reverse arc") underneath image, sorta break up that long line of text ....

Hot Rod HHR ??? coming right up !!!
Not my image, found it at deviantart by Lady Duece ... check out her gallery, there are some wicked rods & other really weird sh*t !!!

p.s. Mongo,what ya got, be wicked, too!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by JerseyJames
maybe "Glamour Gals" arc over top of image & "photography" straight (or "reverse arc") underneath image, sorta break up that long line of text ....

Hot Rod HHR ??? coming right up !!!
Not my image, found it at deviantart by Lady Duece ... check out her gallery, there are some wicked rods & other really weird sh*t !!!

p.s. Mongo,what ya got, be wicked, too!
But it's running a HEMI...

I'm on DeviantART too... trollmongo (Gary Holt) - DeviantArt
Old 10-16-2015, 09:16 PM

yeah , well .... idea # 2... ya seem pretty good with the ol' Photoshop .. Shoot the ol' HHR parked like this... (with Eve 'course )

& then 'shop that chrome thingy on the hood to your hood!!! do an oval fade for border & text to follow border!!

(sorta like this...)
Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 PM

Hot Shots
Old 10-16-2015, 10:56 PM

Whoever photoshopped this HHR doesn't know the first thing about proportions or where the engine would go. With a Roots type belt driven blower you would need the engine moved back at least a foot to make room for the Gimler drive belt and radiator. And even if you went with a 671 it would much larger than what is shown here. (And you would probably use an 871). Every time I see this photo I almost laugh.
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

Upgrade the chicky and add a scooter to the left of a car of your choosing.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 PM

Let me think about that one for a few days. Marketing is my thing. You only wanna do that once, name your business, your slogan, logo, and then pay to have it put on you vehicle. Don't rush it, what you have is sufficient, you want brilliant if possible.
First thing- google voice number (free, alternate phone number that goes to your cell)

First one: Bods and Rods (bikes are a given)

Suggestion, don't pick or commit to a particular vehicle, you're a photographer, so youve got a good eye, pick a shot that gives a glimpse of a fender and wheel, with the best piece of a hottie you can put in front of the car. You know what I'm saying.

I always thought it looked weird and corny to have a pic of another car on your vehicle, even if its an hhr. I refuse to allow you to use that font...YUCK! Lol
This is the font you want http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/Bl...ine/blogs/9747

Btw, I have a white panel, almost put my company graphics on. Glad I didn't. One because I don't get my business that way, looks way better without if not needed. And also, if it doesn't get you much business, your stuck riding around with that monstrosity on both sides.

My suggestion, less is more. The panel is like a billboard on a vehicle, make it enhance the vehicle in an aesthetic way, so it doesn't take over the beauty that is the panel. I like your original idea of the old school speed shop graphics. short catchy name and number, it will speak for itself, forget pics of cars.

Last edited by Trex08; 10-20-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Administrator

I concur with Trex08's concept less is more and you have more class and style with less on your ride!
Now your interested in getting more business for photo shoots?
Or more girls and card to be in those shoots?
Your photoshopped pic indicates you are advertising for girls and cars, which you pay to be in the photo shoots.
But your business is getting the photo shoot which requires a fee, with which you can then pay the actor and use of the prop ( gal and car! )
So, I suggest the Arthur Fonzerelli approach , be cool and they will come to you!
Be trashy and they will run!!
Just my .02 cents!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:25 AM

I was in a photography business, and the approach we used that when we were on location was we would use magnetic signs that we put on the sides of our vehicles. When they were not in use we would roll them up and store them in the trunk. The signers were made to look like our business card logo.with our phone numbers.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:07 PM

I ordered the text portion yesterday...Going to be in Engine Turned Gold with black outline...I'm going with Glamour Girl Photography even though it sounds a bit hoakie. I don't do this for a business, just fun, and a panel screams for something on that bill board sized area back there...
Now, of course when the graphics come, that means photoshoot time...Eve and I think Bea...Keep an eye open for the photos...hopefully next weekend of Halloween...

Quick Reply: Opinions Please...