General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

R.I.P. Bob (GDZHHR) 8/5/2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:24 PM

Angry R.I.P. Bob (GDZHHR) 8/5/2014

Howdy all, it's really saddens me to say that my HHR, Bob, is at its end.

I know it doesn't look like much, but the estimate is ~$12k. Blue Book is only a little over $8,000. I don't see anyway that it won't be totaled.

I was the second car in a four car accident on a highway on my way to work last Tuesday. The last car in line left the scene. No serious injuries, I've got whiplash but the pain is way down.

Bob was the featured HHR twice, won a few trophies, and inspired me to organize the HRRitage Nationals which raised a few thousand dollars for The Children's Miracle Network. I'm still in the Top 10 for number of posts (6th) and tied for 5th for referrals (42).

I was even a vendor here for a few years, The HHR Store.

But the greatest thing I got from it was the joy I experienced through meeting hundreds of other HHR lovers through this site! This forum was a big part of my life for several years and I wouldn't take back one minute of it. I've been a bit of a problem for the moderators from time to time; I was banned twice! But when its all said and done this place changed my life for the better.

So my thanks to all and to all a goodnight.

BTW....once I find out for sure how the insurance companies are going to settle, I may be parting out some of the custom items I will be removing if allowed: wheels, amps, waterfall, turbo, exhaust... PM me with any questions, but I may not know for a week or two.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:31 PM

OMG... You scared the hell outta me... I thought it was someone posting on your behalf, saying that you had passed... Still sad, that was one clean HHR. Glad to here you're mostly unscathed.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

x2 - glad you are ok (well maybe walking wounded for a bit).

Your car is/was sweet - crossing my fingers for you that it won't be written off, as it obviously was well taken care of. And of course we would hate to lose you here.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Deceased

First, and foremost, the important thing is that you're OK whiplash notwithstanding. So take care of yourself, and take it easy until you heal up.

Bob gave his all to protect you, and as sad as it is to lose a cherished ride, he performed as designed...and if you believe that machines have a soul or some spark of life that makes them special, he'll live on in your memories.

Please stay around the site, even if another HHR doesn't find its way into your hands, you have made this site better by your presence and we'd hate to say goodbye.

If you need anything at all, just sing out OK, we're family here.

Rest In Peace Bob, you'll never be forgotten.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 PM

Glad you are okay. Sucks that a sweet hhr may potentially be gone. Hopefully not. Keep us posted please.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Banned

Nooo! Not Bob! But what's that? Do I hear, an SS HHR in your future?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear Bob got squished...Glad you were protected.....

Just not living right.....if you don't get banned a couple times.....

If Bob comes through this.......maybe change his name to Lazarus...
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 PM

Thanks all, but I won't be rebuilding Bob. Won't be able to afford to. Sadly, the only HHR in our family will be my wife's (HHR MOM). It's got over 135xxx miles on it and still going strong.

I'm just waiting for the insurance company to make their decision. Whatever cash I get I'm going to put into my current project. a 1961 GMC pickup my Dad left me when he passed.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

what are you going to do about the engine? wasnt it supercharged or turbocharged?

it looks like only cosmetic damage, new front and rear bumper and you're good to go
Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 PM

nope, definite frame damage

you are right though, one of only a few 2.4 turbos. I will be parting it out if I can buy it back.

I still haven't been told by insurance company the details.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Bob (GDZHHR) 8/5/2014