General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rear seat LATCH points

Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Rear seat LATCH points

So, I've looked in the manual, and then looked in the car several times, and I can't seem to locate them. There are little slats in the bottom of the storage bins that look like they might have once accommodated metal LATCH tabs. Could someone maybe snap a pic or two of their LATCH mount points so I can confirm that mine have been removed, or that I'm just seriously missing something.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member

I have a panel, but the rear latch points, 1 on each side are steel little squared horseshoe looking brackets.

If you open a rear door and look at the inside towards rear panel, you should see where they should be...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM

are you looking the top tether mounting point for a child seat or lower anchor points for a child seat? I just learned some of this stuff from my wife she just got certified in child car seat install. The lower latch point is between the lower seat bottom and the top seat back you have to reach in between. the top tether go to the black d-ring on the left or right side. Top tether is only used on forward facing car seat. Im going by my 2008 not sure about other years she tells me you must go by the owners manual. I can get you more info if you get me the year of the car and type of child seat. hope this helps
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 AM

The LATCH rings that are located between the seat back and the bottom cushion are directly behind the small circles that are on the seat bottom cushion. These circles (about 1/2" diameter) are put there so you can find the rings, which are not directly visible.

Steve
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky
are you looking the top tether mounting point for a child seat or lower anchor points for a child seat? I just learned some of this stuff from my wife she just got certified in child car seat install. The lower latch point is between the lower seat bottom and the top seat back you have to reach in between. the top tether go to the black d-ring on the left or right side. Top tether is only used on forward facing car seat. Im going by my 2008 not sure about other years she tells me you must go by the owners manual. I can get you more info if you get me the year of the car and type of child seat. hope this helps

Nooooo, that is for cargo. The top tether strap goes over the top of the seat to one of the 3 latch points inside the forward storage compartments. The small compartment has 1 and the longer one has 2. Don't use the cargo D rings for a car seat.

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...vrolet-HHR.pdf
Check out 1-46.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 PM

clarification

I should have been more specific. I was looking for the location of the top restraint. I have looked in the manual, and I don't see any mount points inside those little cargo areas.

I was just trying to see if maybe i was looking at the wrong place. The center one is what i'm most interested in. I see a little maybe 1.5" slot which seems to line up with where my daughter's seat top stop comes over the seat, but no actual mount points.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
Nooooo, that is for cargo. The top tether strap goes over the top of the seat to one of the 3 latch points inside the forward storage compartments. The small compartment has 1 and the longer one has 2. Don't use the cargo D rings for a car seat.

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...vrolet-HHR.pdf
Check out 1-46.
In my 08 owners manual it shows pics and states to use the d-ring behind the seat for the left and rear car seat tether for hhrs with a rear seat it show for the center seat to find the latch point lift the large compartment lid to find the latch point.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by havoc3d
I should have been more specific. I was looking for the location of the top restraint. I have looked in the manual, and I don't see any mount points inside those little cargo areas.

I was just trying to see if maybe i was looking at the wrong place. The center one is what i'm most interested in. I see a little maybe 1.5" slot which seems to line up with where my daughter's seat top stop comes over the seat, but no actual mount points.
It does sound like yours are gone. What year is yours?

Originally Posted by Lucky
In my 08 owners manual it shows pics and states to use the d-ring behind the seat for the left and rear car seat tether for hhrs with a rear seat it show for the center seat to find the latch point lift the large compartment lid to find the latch point.
Page 1-46 of the 08 manual states they are on the cargo floor and not in the compartments. So are you using those or the D-rings on the side? Apparently they did move the outboard ones between the 06 & 08 models, but they are still on the floor, just out of the compartments. The pic I see for the 08 shows an oval ring.

I looked here BTW.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/online-owners-manual-3074/
Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
It does sound like yours are gone. What year is yours?

Page 1-46 of the 08 manual states they are on the cargo floor and not in the compartments. So are you using those or the D-rings on the side? Apparently they did move the outboard ones between the 06 & 08 models, but they are still on the floor, just out of the compartments. The pic I see for the 08 shows an oval ring.

I looked here BTW.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3074
it seems they made a change for the 08. I think your are right that he has somthing missing for the center seat. Mine is also missing but I added my rear seat and may have missed the center latch point when I was getting my parts. we need somone with a factory install 08 to check the center bin and see if its there.