Rear washer spray nozzle. - Chevy HHR Network

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #1

Rear washer spray nozzle.

2007 HHR
My wife broke the rear washer nozzle off her HHR backing out of the garage. We're lucky, that's all the damage to the car. The garage door, an other issue, I think we'll have to replace the lower section of a brand new garage door. She has the habit of not opening the garage door until she's in the car and has it started. This time, she didn't wait long enough and all I can say is "I told you it would happen". Because she won't listen to anyone, I made sure I got the I told you so in.
Anyway how do you remove the black trim around the third brake light? It appears that's the access point. Any special tools needed?
djnhhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnhhr View Post
2007 HHR
My wife broke the rear washer nozzle off her HHR backing out of the garage. We're lucky, that's all the damage to the car. The garage door, an other issue, I think we'll have to replace the lower section of a brand new garage door. She has the habit of not opening the garage door until she's in the car and has it started. This time, she didn't wait long enough and all I can say is "I told you it would happen". Because she won't listen to anyone, I made sure I got the I told you so in.
Anyway how do you remove the black trim around the third brake light? It appears that's the access point. Any special tools needed?
That sucks....The trim "pops" off with a flat tip screw driver and some leverage. Mine broke when I took it off, but it was probably 5 degrees outside. But there is no hardware to unscrew, just kinda pry it off carefully, as there is 4 or 5 tabs that clip in place.
badassbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

Thanks for quick reply.
Since I work close to Friendly Chev in Fridley I ordered the part from them. I wasn't going to run around town for a $7 part.
djnhhr is offline   Reply With Quote