General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Regretting buying a HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:01 PM

Again- USED car.

I buy lots of used cars. Most are purchased for under $2000. Some need no work, some need a lot of work.

Not once do I blame the MANUFACTURER for things going wrong.

It sounds to me that you got suckered by a shady dealer.

As far as all the threads about problems, who starts a thread on a forum just to say 'everything is peachy'?

Threads are started because someone has a problem and is looking for a solution. Go look at other fan forums- they also have "why is my car doing ______" threads.

Is the HHR perfect? Nope. No car is. I passed on buying a Rolls Royce 10 years ago because the thing was a poorly maintained rattle trap with a bum transmission (Which, BTW, was a GM TH350). I wasn't expecting much for $5k, and it didn't even meet the fairly low bar I has set.

What you did was rely on a used car salesman to tell the truth.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Technical Moderator

You have never bought a used car?

I learned 40 years ago exactly what the 110 point inspection is. It is what I discard into the toilet on a daily basis. I do not know why people fall for it everyday.

Sounds to me like you have been making your complaints to the wrong people in the wrong way. If the dealer wanted to make good, why turn them down and then complain about it?

It took me exactly one visit to the BBB website to get a $700 refund because of the bogus CPO. And they still wanted to fix my problems for free.

Every car site is full of threads from unhappy people! The internet is a great place to type your grievances. Just like this thread and at least one of your previous threads.

I would like to see your data analysis that was used for your conclusion "the consensus here on a HHR forum is these cars are crap".

I, for one hope you got the bile out now. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

Some of us are pretty much required to read the spewings.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 PM

I truly love mine! Best car I've ever had. Maybe I'm just lucky. So maybe I got the only good one. Any one else get a good one?
Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Premium Member

I going to buy a lottery ticket....cause I got 2 good ones.....
Attached Images  
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS fan
How about those Tesla's.....hot item for 100,000.00.....I keeping my crappy Chevy's.
Yea right, Very Hot items !!!

I likes my chebby too..
Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 AM

nice to know these things after having my 2010 for 2 years now <used from dealer> and no problems cept for normal wear and tear........oil change, tires, brakes etc
Old 03-29-2014, 07:45 AM

We have 2 also and they have had almonst no problems. I have the clunk ocassionaly but it is only in real cold weather as I am now semi-retired I just stay in in cold weather. Thes have been very reliable for us. Almost 40,000 miles and still on the origional brakes. I have replaced the front tires. Thats about it.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM

the automotive repair industry is a multi-BILLION dollar industry for a reason.

enough said

heading out in a bit to test drive my second HHR and looking forward to welcoming home another well-engineered AMERICAN brand automobile, built in Mexico, but paid for with my hard earned money.
I am a service manager at a repair shop and despise customers that constantly blame the car THEY chose to buy rather than realize ALL cars have issues and they should be glad theirs is less expensive to fix than most brands on the road today.

Good luck in your future. You should visit automotiveforums.com and browse through the different makes and models and see how rare it is to find any with problems(sarcasm) while the rest of us enjoy our cars and great forums like this that help us save THOUSANDS as we learn about common problems BEFORE they surprise us.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM

King, Bummer you got a HHR lemon, and yes some do have issue's, so far mine is great, but as mentioned I blame the dealer as it probably was never inspected, and the P.O. probably knew of a lot of those issue and dumped it before he had to fix it! Also did the dealer offer to fix for free or reduced cost? And as mentioned try contacting the BBB and GM complaint dept you may get a few $$ back
Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM

And as mentioned try contacting the BBB and GM complaint dept you may get a few $$ back
What they said^^^
I guess I would be mad too bought a newer car thinking in my head that shouldn't have issues for awhile and bunch if issues show up,most important thing in life is enjoying life if that thing is causing you headache,after headache go car shopping with a knowledgeable car guy/gal.Remember knowledge is king,the more you know less problems,and you'll have best solution for your problems.

Quick Reply: Regretting buying a HHR