General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Regretting buying a HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by jczboy
I truly love mine! Best car I've ever had. Maybe I'm just lucky. So maybe I got the only good one. Any one else get a good one?
I had a 'good one'. Seven plus years of fairly trouble free operation. But, best car I've ever had???? Hardly.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:28 AM

I had a "good one". my 06 2LT I traded in 2 years ago.
only "problem" was the thermostat...and that is NOT a model-specific "problem".
I gutted my interior myself, replaced the carpet and re-covered the seats for a color change 3 weeks after I bought it and really learned the quality of build...not one flimsy part "broke" during the whole process and not one rattle after re-assembly!
1 hub, 2 sets of front rotors, the shifter....one of the best cars Ive owned as far as "trouble"...that's why I am going today to hopefully bring home another one.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 PM

not good at all in the snow if it is over 3" but overall mine has been good to me 1 1/2 years and only problem was the vvt solenoids 117K miles going strong

maybe king should have looked his over a little better before the purchase
Old 03-29-2014, 01:17 PM

We bought ours new but if we had bought a CPO GM vehicle from a GM dealership, we too would have expected that to mean something.

Originally Posted by donbrew
I learned 40 years ago exactly what the 110 point inspection is. It is what I discard into the toilet on a daily basis.
That depends on who's issuing it. When we bought our Benz, it came with a 7 page inspection document signed by the technician, the pre-owned manager, and the service manager. There are 164 items covered on that report. They even took us back into the service department to meet the three employees that signed it. The service manager went over each item in the report while we waited for them to wash, detail, and fill the car with gas.

Last edited by db/sb; 03-29-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:23 PM

So far I've owned three HHR's. I still have an 08 2LT panel and a 2009 SS panel. The one I sold was an 08 LS panel that I put 152000 KLM's on. I did the brakes front and rear two times. I serviced it regularly and never had an issue. I live in northern Canada and winters here can be treacherous. That car started everyday and ran through all kinds of weather. I'd recommend them to anybody.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nevada Smith
So far I've owned three HHR's. I still have an 08 2LT panel and a 2009 SS panel. The one I sold was an 08 LS panel that I put 152000 KLM's on. I did the brakes front and rear two times. I serviced it regularly and never had an issue. I live in northern Canada and winters here can be treacherous. That car started everyday and ran through all kinds of weather. I'd recommend them to anybody.
I really wish I was that lucky... maybe after I get all this crap finished the car will run forever.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by King Aires
I really wish I was that lucky... maybe after I get all this crap finished the car will run forever.
King best of luck getting this mess fixed, Wishing the best of luck.. Also Please keep us informed on the progress and tell us if GM and BBB helps you.. Have you tried our Chevy onsite rep ?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:55 PM

Disbelief!

Sorry, I don't believe this guy. To have to replace all this with less than 12,000 miles on the car. I just don't believe it. Sorry King Aires!

Boydie

Originally Posted by King Aires
I really hate to say it folks, but I 100% regret buying this used HHR.

In my previous thread I outlined how a CPO used HHR could have so many problems, since buying it the Dealership replaced a faulty steering column and blower fan motor. I have replaced the struts, sway bar links and bushings, shocks and spark plugs.

Well today I hear a chirping on the highway, loud enough to hear over the wind. As I came to a stop the chirping turned into a swooshing and lowered in frequency proportionately to the speed of the vehicle... you guessed it, Front Left Wheel Hub is dead.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boydie
Sorry, I don't believe this guy. To have to replace all this with less than 12,000 miles on the car. I just don't believe it. Sorry King Aires!

Boydie

You don't have to believe me. That is kinda silly really not to, but whatever.

And yes the onsite GM reps had previously contacted the dealership I am using for warranty and hence the reason for the next appointment. However the GM reps can't actually find the information from the selling dealership even though the CPO shows as active and registered.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Technical Moderator

A) the "onsite GM reps" have nothing to do with this site, they are members just like you are.
B) they are "social media" department

C) so now there is a warranty? Seems like this all started because they would not honor the warranty, or what you inferred was covered by a warranty. I am more confused now than ever.

Seems like I got a piece of paper with specific things written on it, so I would know what was and was not warranted.
Maybe check the title, could this car have been a recirculated lemon? There is a law for that in most states, maybe Federal.

Quick Reply: Regretting buying a HHR