General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

"Signature Finish"....opinions......

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:05 AM

Question "Signature Finish"....opinions......

I just got my new HHR 5 days ago. Of course the dealer is pushing several add-on options---Signature Finish, Dent insurance, Oil change, Clear bra, etc.
Does anyone have any opinion on the Signature Finish. They want $449 to do it, and they are claiming you never have to polish your car again. That is "bonds" to the paint, etc, etc. Is this any different from products that I could buy and apply myself? Any thoughts and recommendations from the car buffs? Thanks.

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Founding Member

Dan, I was at the dealer the other day and they told me the same thing. From what my salesman told me I got the impression they spray it with a clear coat of some kind. I don’t really know about it and would like to know more as well :)
Old 11-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Signature Finish??

I tried finding out more on the internet, but without any luck. It's made by the Alexico Corporation (www.alexico.com), but they don't really tell you how it's applied or anything. Someone else recommended using the Zaino System which would cost me $85 and I'd have to do myself. But if it provides the same kind of protection, it's sure a lot cheaper. I did find this product (Pinnacle Signature Kit) at the following website. I wonder if this is or is not the same product??

http://www.autogeek.net/wg7001.html

Does anyone else have any info that would be useful? Are there any Chevrolet people that have some inside insight? Thanks.

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 12:11 PM

Hi Mac, I'm the guy who posted about the Zaino on the other board. the product from Pinnacle you posted is, I'm sure a good product, - but nothing stacks up to Zaino. Several other members of the HHR Club have used it and can testify also - it's great stuff!

There is just no way I would trust my dealer to apply a paint protection finish - that's like asking my stock broker to perform brain surgery; two different animals. If you want to have a paint protection system applied, go to a professional auto body shop.
but believe me when I say that Zaino will more than impress you.

Best of luck,
-Mike
Old 11-08-2005, 12:43 PM

Maybe Batman can give us the real scoop on the signature finish. I'll PM him to see if he knows from the GM sales point of view.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM

I ordered the Zaino Kit today...

Thanks for everyon'es input. I ordered the Zaino Kit today. But I'd still be interested in what this "Signature Finish" really is.

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 02:48 PM

if you want my opinion, the dealership just wants to make more money from you. paint is paint is paint. yes of course you want to protect it. but thats why you wash and wax every once in awhile. charging 499 for this crap is like paying 399 for a pinstripe. you ever know how much a pinstripe costs?? try like 45 bucks installed. its paint. know what invest in some touch up paint. id do that, cost 10 bucks.

now as a sales guy there are things i reccommend, but they are legitamate. i reccommend the all weather floor mats. even with the grey interior, its still light, and for 45 buck you get some awesome floor mats. trap all the cleveland snow in them. and i also reccommend the splash guards. my black 2lt loves them too. those are 80 bucks for all 4 and easy to install yourself.

when a dealership tries to push pinstripes, paint sealant, scotch guard, etc its because its their was of giving you a discount if any on a car but to also increase gross profits. another dealership game. this is the competition i face everyday from our competetors.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM

45 Dollars for All weather Floor Mats. I paid 20 bucks in Costco and its for the Front and Back. Who needs a Chevy or HHR Logo. What is the big deal about spash guards?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
45 Dollars for All weather Floor Mats. I paid 20 bucks in Costco and its for the Front and Back. Who needs a Chevy or HHR Logo. What is the big deal about spash guards?
Depending where you drive, it's rock chips for me! I don't know what the costco mats are like, but I got the all weather floor mats from GM direct and they are the thickest and really are quite nice, logo was just a bonus, but they are a very good quality mat IMHO.

B.Fenrir
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 PM

The signuture finish is simply a high price wax job. I got one when I bought a 2004 Saturn. All GMC companies offer it. The salseman pushes it, because he gets a kickback for the wax manufacturer.

Quick Reply: "Signature Finish"....opinions......