General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Spider Scratches on Rear Doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by playgames1970
I washed the car yesterday afternoon, and as I was drying it, I noticed that on both rear doors, on that sorta verticle rectangle plastic piece that sticks out a bit off of the door (I don't know exactly what to call it) and sort of rises up from the swell of the wheel well, there are an awful lot of those "spiderweb" scratches all over them. These are not deep scores or anything, but those very very fine lines as if someone took a dry sponge or rough material or something to the piece and rubbed horizontally on them. I guess this is from the fact that those pieces sort of stick out slightly from the body, and are the leading edge of hitting the wind back there and dust and particles are being deflected by those pieces, but still, that sort of bugs me. You have to be looking for them to see them, but I wonder how bad the wear will get a year from now, two years from now.

Do any of you notice more wear there on your HHR, or are the California travel winds just strange out here?
Originally Posted by playgames1970
I washed the car yesterday afternoon, and as I was drying it, I noticed that on both rear doors, on that sorta verticle rectangle plastic piece that sticks out a bit off of the door (I don't know exactly what to call it) and sort of rises up from the swell of the wheel well, there are an awful lot of those "spiderweb" scratches all over them. These are not deep scores or anything, but those very very fine lines as if someone took a dry sponge or rough material or something to the piece and rubbed horizontally on them. I guess this is from the fact that those pieces sort of stick out slightly from the body, and are the leading edge of hitting the wind back there and dust and particles are being deflected by those pieces, but still, that sort of bugs me. You have to be looking for them to see them, but I wonder how bad the wear will get a year from now, two years from now.

Do any of you notice more wear there on your HHR, or are the California travel winds just strange out here?
Hi i am from singapore and i have this strange problem as well. Description fits yours. Mine happen right behind the rear wheel only on the protruding piece of rear skirts.

I am careful driver so never scrap against anything. One thing my car is quite dirty and only notice it after my car wash.

Just to check so u usually wash your car?
Old 09-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member

FYI: Since those posts were from 7 years ago, and that member has not been back for well over a year, it is very doubtful you will get a response from him.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Deceased

Hello Thongjy, what you're dealing with is damaged door protection film installed by GM to prevent stone chips on HHR's not equipped with the accessory running boards.

Try a google search for the following.

Rear Door Paint Protection Film...

- Left rear door - GM P/N - 25791044
- Right rear door - GM P/N - 25791042

P.S. to the forum!