General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thread Closing Binge

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:21 AM

Thread Closing Binge

The Classifieds are really a mess since someone went of a clean-up binge, closing pages and pages and pages of Classified ads. I think you would be better off just deleting the unwanted ads and notifying (by Private Message) the Original Poster of you action and the reason. Then if the item is still for sale they could resubmit the ad. Just one persons opinion...OR just leave it alone.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Our newest moderator Oldblue has been doing this task.
Actually, he is just following the classified rules that state:
"Ads will be closed after 60 days of no activity!"

I for one like it.
The one part I don't like (but can tolerate) is that when I click on Recent Posts, all these ads he closed will show as highlighted recent posts I haven't read.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:53 AM
Administrator

I posted the reason I closed the ad. Prior to closing I have a look and see most times the OP has not responded to offers or questions about what they are selling.
I'm pretty much done now and will be just doing maybe 10 or so a couple of days!
From here on I'll be closing ads when items are sold or after 60 days of no activity, meaning a bump or a note of a PM sent.
OP's it's your responsibility to keep your ads up to date and advise if you sold the item on another site like eBay for instance!
Many of these ads are from one and done members tiring to sell a part or a HHR.
For now I'll leave it for a week so I won't cause any more problems choking the thread boards
Thank you for your input and patience in this matter.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:11 AM

Is it possible to change subject header "For Sale" to "Sold" .
Would save a lot of looking through posts thinking you could nab a desired part and finding its already gone.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Some of the ads have posts asking for shipping details weeks to months after it was sold.
And the OP does not respond, hence the close of the threads.
I'm pretty much caught up!
It would still clog the Classified ads if I changed the header
Old 11-14-2015, 11:41 AM

What about creating a new section for "Sold" Threads and moving the lot of them over there to clear up the For Sale area for "live" threads.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Great Idea, I'm frantically looking into that possibility and will get this fixed for you .
I have been sending PM's out to those who have ads getting up to the 60 day mark only one replied.
I can see why this hasn't been done in awhile.
My first thought was to just delete the Sold item threads they are rather redundant, but then again they have their uses, I suppose.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Deceased

There is now a brand spanking new "Inactive Classified Ads" Sub-Forum, where Ads over the 60 day inactivity limit will be moved after they are closed. You can find it here....

Inactive Classified Ads - Chevy HHR Network

If your Ad ends up being closed due to inactivity, and you'd like it reopened, just contact one of your friendly Moderators or me, your Administrator. And we'll gladly reopen it and move it back to the active section of the Marketplace Forum.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Good to hear your are not deleting the "sold" or "inactive " threads. Some of them have info about certain wheels and other items that could be used on our trucklets that may not be easily found if taken out of the context of this website.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
There is now a brand spanking new "Inactive Classified Ads" Sub-Forum, where Ads over the 60 day inactivity limit will be moved after they are closed. You can find it here....

Inactive Classified Ads - Chevy HHR Network

If your Ad ends up being closed due to inactivity, and you'd like it reopened, just contact one of your friendly Moderators or me, your Administrator. And we'll gladly reopen it and move it back to the active section of the Marketplace Forum.
This seems like an all around better way to handle this situation. If I understand this correctly it achieves removal of older inactive ads but does not clog the system with an abundance of closure notices and still allows the old ads to be viewed.

Quick Reply: Thread Closing Binge