General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Panel rear doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM

Panel rear doors

Pretty new to the forum but haven't found anything on this. Been looking last few times. Having a problem on my Panel's rear side doors. Whether I use the dash buttons or the key fob for opening them sometimes it takes two or three tries to get them to pop completely open. Wondering if others have had this problem and if its just a latch adjustment or electrical.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM

My drivers door does the same thing...very irritating.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

Had that on the wagon, they put a new actuator on it, works fine since.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Premium Member

got my actuator replaced too and it didnt help..ended up finding out about a month or two later that the battery was dying (finally died). when the new batt went in, never had a problem since
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by songman1505
Pretty new to the forum but haven't found anything on this. Been looking last few times. Having a problem on my Panel's rear side doors. Whether I use the dash buttons or the key fob for opening them sometimes it takes two or three tries to get them to pop completely open. Wondering if others have had this problem and if its just a latch adjustment or electrical.
songman- My Panel doors pop fine, not wide open, just open a few inches as was intended..
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 AM

This is common apparently. Mine would do the same thing. I could hear the actuator but no open door for a few pushes of the button. I found that if I keep the seals lubricated with dielectric grease it is no longer a problem. The seals get sticky here in Texas from the heat and the grease prevents this from happening. The dielectric grease also keeps the seals from drying out.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by VinceP
This is common apparently. Mine would do the same thing. I could hear the actuator but no open door for a few pushes of the button. I found that if I keep the seals lubricated with dielectric grease it is no longer a problem. The seals get sticky here in Texas from the heat and the grease prevents this from happening. The dielectric grease also keeps the seals from drying out.
Just curious, why are you using dielectric grease? Isn't that for electrical connections?
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by songman1505
look at post #20 of this thd. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...p?p=345279#186
Old 08-26-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Just curious, why are you using dielectric grease? Isn't that for electrical connections?
I guess its kind of like snake oil. It is a cure for alot of things. It was one of the things I was told I could use on them. I had it, so I used it. It works well.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by skyline26
got my actuator replaced too and it didnt help..ended up finding out about a month or two later that the battery was dying (finally died). when the new batt went in, never had a problem since
Is it safe to assume the vehicle battery was replaced to resolve this? I am curious about this since I was not sure if you meant the key fob battery or the car battery.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Panel rear doors