General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

uncomfortable ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:36 AM
LEN

Unhappy uncomfortable ride

this pertains to my 2011lt2 ride. driving around town I felt this is a comfortable ride. until I went on a three hour trip. I'm only 5'9 I had the seat all the way back.after about 45 minutes my right leg started to throb. it got exceedingly worse to the point that I had to pull over to the side of the rode and get out of the car until the pain went away. after I got back in the car and continued on my way. the same thing happened again. this has to be the most uncomfortable car I own. have any of you men or women had this experience? thanks in advance, len
Old 02-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Technical Moderator

If you tilt the seat forward, your thigh will not bind on the front and cut off the blood.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:55 AM

I have that problem with mine (I'm 6'2" and mostly legs) My right foot/ankle will start hurting if I don't use Cruise Control. THe SS seats are a good bit comfier and offer more bolster and a little longer which supports the legs a little more but on longer drives I still get it a little bit.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:24 AM

I'm 6'1" and I had some discomfort, it went away when I moved seat forward. The hhr is designed with tall seats for an upright seating position, reminds me of an old van I used to drive.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

I think the problem is you had the seat "all the back" as you stated. I'm not even sure how you could reach the pedals. I'm 5'10" and I doubt I could even drive my HHR with the seat back that far.
I've sat in my seat with it all the way back after vacuuming. No way I could drive it. Those seats will go waaaaay back.

Prod probably has the right suggestion. Move the seat up and try it.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Technical Moderator

I'm 6' even, it's my left leg that has a problem. I found that 6-way electric adjustment is a great way to get comfortable.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:03 AM

I never really found my seats to be uncomfortable. I have all leather w/ power adjustment and I drive an hour to work and back daily. I also am only 24 so I don't have too many back/leg issues to cause additional pain yet.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:48 PM

I am 5'10" and in the same boat as a lot of you. I found what works for me is tilting the front of the seat as high as possible and lowering the back as low as possible. I also find a good middle distance back, from the peddles helps a lot.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Adjust your drivers seat based on these things.

1. Set Seat back angle to your most comfortable setting.

2. Be aware of the ability to enter and exit the car without your knees hitting the steering column. Adjust column so it gives you maximum clearance.
Use overall seat height adjustment to help.

3. Adjust seat for and aft so the your arm length is to a comfortable hand position on the steering wheel when in the driving position.

3. Once you have those three positions correct you should sit in the driving position and observe how the front of the "bottom cushion" contacts your leg .. knee area.

If the seat is adjusted so the it contacts your leg, you should tip the front of the lower cushion down so it does not make contact at that point.
That will relieve the pressure in the area that reduces the blood flow and causes the problem.

Don't be in a hurry to make these adjustments as they are important for comfort, pain, and health issues.

Silverfox

Last edited by Silverfox; 02-11-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by silverfox
adjust your drivers seat based on these things.

1. Set seat back angle to your most comfortable setting.

2. The ability to enter and exit the car without your knees hitting the steering column. Adjust column so it gives you maximum clearance.
Use overall seat height adjustment to help.

3. Adjust for and aft so the your arm length is to a comfortable hand position in the driving position.

3. Once you have those three positions correct you should sit in the driving position and observe how the front of the bottom cushion contacts your leg .. Knee.

If the seat is adjusted so the it contacts your leg you should tip the front of the lower cushion down so it does not make contact at that point.
That will relieve the pressure in the area that reduces the blood flow and causes the problem.

Don't be in a hurry to make these adjustments as they are important for comfort, pain, and health issues.

Silverfox
x 2 !!!!

Quick Reply: uncomfortable ride