General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

used HHR market

Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 AM

used HHR market

I am stunned. I am looking for another HHR a little less than 2 years after trading in my 06 2LT.

I cannot believe how much dealers are asking for BASE MODEL/LS, or just plain HHR's let alone a loaded 2LT or LT PANEL

what's worse is....it seems NO ONE is selling any 2LT models or panels around my parts.

have the cash, but am stunned by the sparse market and HIGH prices the dealers are asking...

here's an example....this is the car I want

http://tiny.cc/zqo4cx

....but refuse to pay that price for it and cannot find any other panels with AT and 2.4 for sale other than silver, which we dont want...
most are LS models, 5 speeds, or white

oh well...just venting....cant wait to find our next one....
Old 03-22-2014, 12:37 PM

Its an "asking" price.

1LT's 2LTs and SS's are ones people want to keep thats why so many LS's out there

Go make your offer and be firm

The 3 at this site are all LS's but then this dealer has generally lower prices than others in our area.

http://haldimandmotors.com/list.aspx...=hhr&I2=Search
Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 PM

I just bought an LT/2

and it looks like we are in the same general area- I looked for quite a while, and found one that seemed reasonable- I paid $11,000 for my 2010, 2LT, with only 21,000 miles on it-it felt brand new to me! The dealer had it listed for $14000, and I had to get up and leave once, but I stuck to my $11000 offer, and they finally took it-I am still getting calls from dealers asking if I am still interested-
It seemed to me that prices were all over the place, some were cheap, lots of salvage titles, others were ridiculous! Good Luck-J
Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 PM

Just bought an 06 2LT

At first I was going to start this by saying I will not embarrass myself in telling you what I just paid for my 06 2LT fully loaded HHR with 56K. My 07 Panel had 156K and it was beginning to be a money pit plus the bottom of the doors were bubbled so it was only a matter of time for it to look crappy. I looked and looked for the lowest mileage I could find - had to be a 2.4 sunroof and heated seats (last two were my wife's wishes). I really wanted another panel but my wife hates the HHR and two of her really pet peeves were the no windows and no rear seats. In fact her anti HHR stance had me looking at Equinox and (bite my tongue) Flexes. Since I buy and sell old gas station items the HHR fits my look. Anyway, I knew if I took my time I could find a better one but I found my Daytona Blue one with 56K and they were asking 12000. When you did all the comparisons the less mileage the more they cost and it seemed the year was not a factor. l short changed myself by throwing what I thought was an offer they would take and they did without batting an eye making me wish I offered less. I offered 7 and my car. I OH well I can not cry over spilled milk. I have to admit on the first trip on the way home it threw some codes including traction control and to the dealers credit they replaced a lot of stuff trying to get the light to go off. (that is a post in itself which is scattered around some of the other current postings). The moral of the story is I guess .... buy what you like and don't look any further once you make a decision because the very next week inevitably there will be a lower mileage and cheaper one then you bought.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Deceased

with the mileage i would offer 10600 and go for it
we paid 13995 for a 09 HHR SS w 40,000 miles on it
it was an auto and Vickie loves her silver Shewolf
Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 AM

The LS model was a part of the rental fleet and those cars are auctioned off quite quickly swamping the HHR market.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 AM

thanks for your input gang.
CARMAX is known for their "no haggle/one price" mantra...so talking them down is according to those who have tried, a lost cause. I am also concerned with getting a decent price for my trade-in. I own a very clean, rare truck and dealers(salesman) could care less about what its worth...they all low-ball me but yet armed with evidence to prove its worth, they still wont offer me more.
If I knew CARMAX would pay me close to what my truck is worth, Id buy the panel...but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive for a roll of the dice.
I have enough cash after selling my race truck to go buy a beautiful SS or a sweet loaded low-mile panel but I want to pay off the negative equity, buy a HHR and still have some scratch left, so it's partly my fault.

in regard to the LS RENTAL market, seems it's been that way since I bought my 06 on 12/31/07.
2LT's were hard to find...Brenda is VERY picky about color...after all, it's going to be HER car this time. I roll in my Police Interceptor now, so the choice is all hers...

But MY GOD I love shopping for cars, hence the frustration.

ideally, she loves the look of a panel, but has never driven one and I fear she'll regret it...and with NO panels for sale within 100 miles except the red one, it's again, a long drive to roll the dice.

absolute perfect car for her would be:
2LT with a 2.4 in sunburst orange AA5 option, loaded with chrome, low miles and under 12k OR a metallic red(not sure of name) of same options.
We'd take a 2.2 if it has premium sound, running boards and the right color, but again...needle in a haystack around here.

keep dreaming I suppose.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Looks like a nice 2008 panel, keep looking that "ONE" is out there I looked for 2 years for Old Blue!!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM

I know you want her too be happy just trying to open your mind too the facts of the future,I do believe panels and ss hold value better.Someday if you do want something else you'll want something people want,for a quick sale or getting more out the car.
Ss does ride rough,women usually don't like a rough ride,only my opinion,sorry ss owners.
If you do find panel I would do back seat conversion as others did but keep all old parts do not sell.
I also believe trying and getting what you want even if you have to pay little more remember happiness is key for the both of you,you'll have to live with this car for years,no regrets.
Even putting it all on paper helps,wants/colors/models options 1,2,3.
Ss gets great gas mpg,usually fully loaded and think 09 autos have all remote starts,looks better without modding,best model on makes hold value longest.
Rough ride can be helped by a softer tire but only so much,and tires don't last as long.insurance might be higher.
Good luck in a ss panel LOL!!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 AM

she drives the 2005 Silverado 2500HD so ANYTHING will be a smoother ride. she's not a priss...she drove our 69 Roadrunner 440 6pack for years...

many of you may not remember me here...I posted a HOW TO sticky for complete interior replacement in my 06 HHR...I will consider a back seat if we go panel but most conversions I've seen lack the seat belts...

i never need back seats...we hardly have passengers and if we will, we'll drive the Crown Vic. just thinking I'd prefer windows for the dogs...yea, I know...but they are our kids and they LOVE to see out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: used HHR market