General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Deceased

Keep an eye out for electrical gremlins Boydie, rodents also like to nibble on wiring when they set up shop in a vehicle. This fall when you lay it up for the Winter, get some moth balls and put them in the airbox, and in places under the hood where you can find them in the Spring.

Rodents don't like the smell of the Camphor in moth balls, so they'll set up shop in your neighbor's car instead.

As for my HHR's, they stayed parked today while I drove the Poo-Mobile AKA my company issued KIA to work.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:59 AM

2Manyvans

I was checking out your photo gallery. That is a gorgeous red SS panel. Also I was impressed with the '61 Corvair. I had a 1962 in 1966 that I used in a car pool. It was a window van, had 3 full seats and sat 9 passengers. Each passenger paid me $1.50 day.

Nine adults add up in weight and the Greenbriar groaned a little getting up to speed but when she got going she cruised happily along.

The Corvair was built to haul the load and I never had a problem with the brakes or stopping at speed.

With a rear engine and 9 people on board we survived the blizzard of 1967 in Central Michigan and went where very few others could go. It was also a great hill climber.

Just seeing your Corvair panel brings back a lot of memories. When I sold it in 1970, it still ran great. No pictures of it survived the divorced.

Boydie

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
We just returned from a 1200 mile trip to S.Carolina and back . Drove the black 2LT Panel. It was fun running 75-80 mph most of the trip! I learned a few new things about the HHR.

As far as Panels, I only saw only one lonely white HHR Panel the whole trip.

and the Panel turned 30,000 miles on the way home. Overall it was a good trip...john
Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 AM

Thanks Mike. The rodent chewed on the rubber part of the filter and I should have taken a picture of it. Great idea on the mothballs. I will remember that for next winter.

My 1996 S-10 sat all winter a few years ago and the air box was completely stuffed with Owens Corning pink panther insulation and pieces of pine cone.

Boydie

Originally Posted by 843de
Keep an eye out for electrical gremlins Boydie, rodents also like to nibble on wiring when they set up shop in a vehicle. This fall when you lay it up for the Winter, get some moth balls and put them in the airbox, and in places under the hood where you can find them in the Spring.

Rodents don't like the smell of the Camphor in moth balls, so they'll set up shop in your neighbor's car instead.

As for my HHR's, they stayed parked today while I drove the Poo-Mobile AKA my company issued KIA to work.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 PM

Painted the dash and doors this weekend.

Last edited by 843de; 03-25-2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Fixed image links...
Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM

I finally got to wash it for the first time since I purchased it last month. Later that night I showed my wife some pictures I took. She was not impressed.
I, on the other hand, am LOVING my SS.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Deceased

Dash 'n doors are looking spiffy there Twistedtat.

Not impressed eh? Well she'll come around hhrss10, it looks mighty sharp to me.

Drove my '06 to work, took some ribbing about leaving my Company Non-Car at home, "hey the boss man left the Poo-Mobile home again"....just yuck it up gang, but remember who hands out the paychecks on friday.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Deceased

Datalog number 8 today. Tuning will make this new turbo setup great!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Took Oldblue for a drive to St.Catharines Ontario about a 40 mile round trip , hooked up my code reader and no pending P1818 code, Don I'll keep and eye on ground wires!
The picture is very cool HHRSS10
I like the two tone dash and doors, Twistedtat, very nice

A shout out to Lucky, thank you my friend for your Light In Sight!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:25 PM

changed out the air filter then changed the cabin filter too (I think it was the original)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Re: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Hey 2manyvans,

Thank you for sharing the adventures you and your wife are taking with us! I’m happy to know you enjoy the headlight feature supplied in your Chevy. I look forward to hearing of the many journeys ahead.

Have a good afternoon,

Kayla K.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
We just returned from a 1200 mile trip to S.Carolina and back . Drove the black 2LT Panel. It was fun running 75-80 mph most of the trip! I learned a few new things about the HHR.

"Ice Possible" on the DIC- I've never seen this before. It first appeared at 38 degrees.

I tried Mid Grade gas on the way home instead of Premium, Got 27 instead of 28.5 MPG, It used to get 30 -31 before the Tune and the Tripletread Goodyears ( that stick like suction cups)

While waiting on my wife at Snoopers antique mall, I read the owners manual to pass time, and learned that when the lights are on AUTO and you turn on the wipers, the headlights will come on!
I've said years ago, that should be a feature for all of the idiots who don't think its necessary to turn on headlights when raining or in fog.

As far as Panels, I only saw only one lonely white HHR Panel the whole trip.

and the Panel turned 30,000 miles on the way home. Overall it was a good trip...john

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?