General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Whose got the goods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:28 PM

Whose got the goods?

I have this tendency to want to do my own care and maintenance, especially when I've learned over the years that many times (at some shops, even dealerships), what's said to have been done or not done, isn't always the truth. What I would like to find out is, does anyone know where a full shop manual on the HHR can be found. Chilton and Haynes are okay, but the don't give complete schematics and break downs as a full service manual at a shop or dealership does. What do I mean by "break down" you may ask. I bought my 2006 HHR about a year and six months ago. I wanted to flush and change the coolant so 'I' would know the best time to change it again. I raised the hood and looked for a radiator cap. Guess what? It doesn't have such a thing. Me being an old, old school type of fellow, I wanted to find out what the heck is going on, so I go to the auto parts store to purchase an '06 thru '11 manual (which of course is wrapped in cellophane so you can't get a quick "look see").You open it, you buy it. Dare I say how dissappointed I was to find that it showed me no illustrations nor explanations as to why Chevy stole the bleeping radiator cap from the flippin' radiator, and then had the audacity to split the upper radiator hose and put the dang cap in the most unlikely place on planet earth...between the perfectly good radiator hose that is no longer a Sub Way foot long, but two six inchers. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. but I would love to know if anyone does know where I can find a full shop manual without having to pay a dealership price tag. I'm sure you understand what I mean when I say that
Old 03-20-2015, 11:08 PM

I got mine from helms but it ain't cheap.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:08 AM

Thanks for the info. I will pay a one time pricey amount to get a lifetime of quallity info that's needed when dealing with do it yourself projects. I'm pretty sure it'll still be cheaper than the dealership cost. Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:32 AM
Deceased

Check e-Bay, the last time I looked there were full sets of the Helm manuals representing every HHR model year either up for bid or on "Buy it Now" listings.

Oh, you won't find them for $20, but the prices I've seen are lower than list price when the manuals were new.

Chilton and Haynes have HHR manuals, but they are generalized, and 2006 HHR's differ enough from the 2007-2011's to be considered as "Stand Alone" models.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Technical Moderator

Check your PM.