GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Deceased

The reason I had been holding off on having the recalls done was the backlog at my Dealership of choice(since cleared up), and the subsequent demolition of the dealership to rebuild it to GM's new standardized floor plans.

I could use Dealer X up the road, or Dealer Y in Charlotte, or even Dealer Z across the lake from our home. But I trust my Dealer, the folks at Ben Mynatt Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC have always gone above and beyond to keep me happy and coming back over the years.

They know I'm ultra picky, and I know that when the dust settles from the construction, then I'll have the recalls done on my HHR's.

The gift cards will probably prod some folks into action, but I'm patient and I want things done correctly the first time.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM

had appointment at 10am for ignition switch told 2 1/2 hours. I called at 2pm and service said they would call back as they had not heard from technician. I called back at 2:30 they had not even looked at my car, but would be pulling it in soon. I am so mad right now.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by lauriej
had appointment at 10am for ignition switch told 2 1/2 hours. I called at 2pm and service said they would call back as they had not heard from technician. I called back at 2:30 they had not even looked at my car, but would be pulling it in soon. I am so mad right now.
Did you get the $25 coupon?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by lauriej
Instead of telling customers the truth, the service writers tell you what they think you want to hear. There are so many layers set up that they might not even know the situation in the service bay.

I talked to the locksmith that I use when I picked up a lockset for my new door on my garage. They told me they change those locks in GM columns in 20 minutes or less and had done quite a few before the recall.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Hey Cokeybill,

We truly do apologize for the parts delay for your recall. But it's good hear the dealership actively reached out to you once they received the necessary parts. Please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance. We can always be reached via PM!

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
As I already percieve this CCC character is like Tony Danza's ability to act...your statement only ticks me off worse.
6 MO ago I took my HHR to the dealer listed on mailing about my car, the SA looks over my car, takes pertanant info and was to call me when the parts came in. Ok I get more mail last week that parts are in blah blah $25 gift fart etc.
So I call for an appt, get one for this week, get called back 30 mn later saying that 2 hr est appt would be just to inspect the car and another appt when the parts actually come.
Its all I can do not to cuss everybody out down there in person, what a ridiculous waste of my time. Gm you guys are looking to get sued for fraud now? I dont trust these flackers to touch my car, esp now.
Being jerked on by service people trying to get hrs and $ jobs for this recall is #1 reason there is low participation.
Maybe, just maybe when I get over this incident will I try a caddy dealer or saab or just crash the car with the ign off what the he//
Old 12-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Technical Moderator

I'll bet the letter said "parts are now available" not "your parts are in the dealership". Subtle difference.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

x2.

One would think that calling the dealership to confirm the parts have arrived would be the next thing to do. If the parts have not arrived, escalate within the dealership. Once the parts are confirmed, then one would make the appointment to have it attended to.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
I'll bet the letter said "parts are now available" not "your parts are in the dealership". Subtle difference.
One would say you're more likely than not right...
One is quite familiar with dealing with stealerships practices of padding warrenty jobs with cash jobs or just denying the work period and charging for diagnostics and such BS. One was a fleet manager Whopper, as well worked on the line back in the day. Unfortunately I, One, knows nobody at this store anymore.
Good consult though, thanks
One's point stands, people are wary of the riff raff and cant afford a bill or risk the car being broke after the trip to GM shop.
Horror stories posted here in THIS thread kinda confirm reason to be wary, no?

Bunncha old grumpy cats up in here, ones-self not exempt.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

Well, I am not sure what all that means.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Technical Moderator

The best place to find happy customers and success stories is the internet. (Sarcasm)

Quick Reply: GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!