GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Ignition recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM

Ignition recall

I will do some searching... I've never really dealt with a recall before. My model year just got added to the ignition recall (and maybe the power steering)... I just bought my 2010 Mid-December.

What do I do?

Do I need to wait for a letter?
Call a dealer?

I've already gotten a detachable keychain so when I'm driving only the key and fob are hanging from the ignition, I did that like 6 weeks ago.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 AM

My recall notice from GM indicated that dealers near me do not have the ignition switch in stock, so the advice was to wait until another notice is received - which will be when the ignition switches have been distributed.
The ignition switch in my 2007 HHR LS seems quite robust - I cannot get it to turn off when the engine is running without significant effort (by that I mean normal effort using fingers). Deliberately yanking down on the key chain does not get the key to move. Nevertheless, I will have the switch replaced when the dealers are stocked up.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Technical Moderator

Doesn't any body read anymore? Does anybody know how to dial a phone anymore?

You local GM Service Department can give the REAL info that you need. Any info you get from a discussion board on the Internet is not REAL.

The Official GM press release that has been posted on this site repeatedly and everywhere on the internet clearly states that the parts WILL NOT be available until THE MIDDLE OF APRIL. I do not call 4/2 the middle of the month.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member

x2 - come on people, help us out here. Please do a bit of your own homework before creating a new thread over an item that has been discussed time and time again. The mods cannot keep up with merging the threads here at times, or trying to find time to answer your questions. We do this on a part time basis to try and keep the site here organized, as well as to assist people as best we can. It can get very frustrating to see the same issues/questions posted time after time which just eats up our time here, when a simple search will give the answer/advice one is looking for very quickly.