GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Key Stuck In Ignition Warrenty Extention - Not a recall #14632

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Some do and some don't. But in my opinion and in this instance, if you are experiencing EVERYTHING THAT I OUTLINED, it is a separate issue and should be repaired without charge.

This special Customer Satisfaction repair that I am speaking of should be attached to your VIN and the dealer should be able to see it on the GM vehicle information system......and NO CHARGE.
Ok, well now that I'm armed with your info, I'll ask for the service manager and see if he'll be better to deal with than the guy I spoke with today. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:21 PM

Hey Greenied1,

Looks like Snoopy has given you great advice (hat tip to you, good sir) but I would be happy to see if your HHR is included in this special coverage and answer any other questions you may have. PM me your VIN if you'd like me to do this.

Geoff G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-14-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Hey Greenied1,

Looks like Snoopy has given you great advice (hat tip to you, good sir) but I would be happy to see if your HHR is included in this special coverage and answer any other questions you may have. PM me your VIN if you'd like me to do this.

Geoff G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Oh, I'd love that Geoff! Thank you. Let me send you a PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:38 PM

Quick little update. After Geoff getting me in touch with GM customer care, I finally have an appointment at the dealership. Even with the help from customer care, it has not been easy dealing with this dealership. I'm just hoping they're able to fix the issue and not cause any other problems while they're in there. It will be so nice to not have to have to push the release button every time I turn off my car! ��

On another note, I changed my real tail light bulb today! That was super simple! Yay!
Old 06-01-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Greenied1
Quick little update. After Geoff getting me in touch with GM customer care, I finally have an appointment at the dealership. Even with the help from customer care, it has not been easy dealing with this dealership. I'm just hoping they're able to fix the issue and not cause any other problems while they're in there. It will be so nice to not have to have to push the release button every time I turn off my car! ��

On another note, I changed my real tail light bulb today! That was super simple! Yay!
Very happy to see you've been able to get an appointment at your dealership, but I'm sorry to see you've had troubles dealing with them. Please let us know if there's anything we can look into further or if there's any other way we can assist!

Regards,

Geoff G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Administrator

I hope the dealership steps up and proves they are the place to get issues resolved! And not cause more problems.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:34 AM

Thank you Geoff. I'll let you know how it goes. And OldBlue, boy I'm hoping that too! I don't have a lot of trust in dealerships but maybe this will be the one that changes my outlook on them!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 PM

Dropped off my hhr last night to be repaired today. Didn't get a phone call all day with any status update. Finally called the dealership at around 1530 only to find out that I need a new shifter and it's special order from Michigan. So, might not get my car back until Thursday now. Very hard to be without a car for two to three days so asked about a loaner and was shot down really quickly on that as it's not a recall. Feeling a little frustrated but just hoping they do a good job at this point.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Technical Moderator

Too bad dealership techs can't be bothered to just fix the shifter. Normally just a shot of WD40 will do it. Sometimes the Dorman kit if it's the shaft broken.

Last I heard the shifter assembly was "not available".
Old 06-10-2015, 08:58 PM

You're so right Don!! Today I got a phone call saying that the part they "ordered" is out of stock in MI so they're doing a nationwide search for the part. Still no loaner, but no eta on when repair might be completed. Beyond frustrated now.

Quick Reply: Key Stuck In Ignition Warrenty Extention - Not a recall #14632