GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:59 AM
JLH

Angry Recall

I'm still waiting for the ignition switch on my 2007. I heard they are being made in MEXICO. Are you experiencing a LONG wait for the part? I sure hope mine doesn't lock up now untill I get the part . Very disgusted with GM. No time table when I will get mine . Anyone filing a class action suit on GM?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:19 AM

Im still waiting for them to call and tell me its in stock, bothered them once already...
jeff
Old 06-05-2014, 04:38 AM
geg

I'm waiting too
dealer said - 1.5 months
Old 06-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JLH
I'm still waiting for the ignition switch on my 2007. I heard they are being made in MEXICO. Are you experiencing a LONG wait for the part? I sure hope mine doesn't lock up now untill I get the part . Very disgusted with GM. No time table when I will get mine . Anyone filing a class action suit on GM?
HHR's were "assembled" in Mexico, not manufactured there.
Delphi was the original ignition switch manufacturer. I highly doubt that the new switches are being made there.
I tried to Google it, but came up empty on who's building these new switches?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Administrator

patience for these parts, I waited 2 months
Old 06-05-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by JLH
.........................................Anyone filing a class action suit on GM?
Ya think?? In this sue happy era?? Google it; there are several..
Old 06-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Premium Member

ha GM is a joke...im currently fighting for them to pay for my rental car..AFTER the recall letter states that they would cover rental costs...i guess they were just lying. According to them, since I cannot get the part installed when they prefer it to happen (get this...monday-friday between 9-5 ONLY ..are u serious?!) then they arent covering it since my work schedule is conflicting them. So they expect me to take a day off work to accomdate their schedule and their mistake.
...Brilliant!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by skyline26
ha GM is a joke...im currently fighting for them to pay for my rental car..AFTER the recall letter states that they would cover rental costs...i guess they were just lying. According to them, since I cannot get the part installed when they prefer it to happen (get this...monday-friday between 9-5 ONLY ..are u serious?!) then they arent covering it since my work schedule is conflicting them. So they expect me to take a day off work to accomdate their schedule and their mistake.
...Brilliant!
What do you want them to do ? Open the dealership at 5:00 am on a Sunday?

Plus. If you're in a rental car, isn't your car already waiting at the dealership for the repairs?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 AM

I went to the dealership to notify them of the vehicle change, and they told me they expect to get at least 3000 ignition switch to replace. As of yesterday, i'm at number 975....

I hope GM will learn something from this mess.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
What do you want them to do ? Open the dealership at 5:00 am on a Sunday?

Plus. If you're in a rental car, isn't your car already waiting at the dealership for the repairs?
nono im still driving my car. I wanted a rental just for a day so i can drop off the car and go to work then pick it up later in the day or next day...the dealership and GM are both denying this request. Yet they were willing to pay for a rental car since the recall came out like 2monthgs ago? So whats cheaper here? A rental for ONE day or a rental for 2months?

The service department is open till 10pm yet they are only offering warranty work from 9-5. If you know that thousands and thousands of people are effected by this recall, why would you limit your timeframe? Again, it doesnt make sense how I have to accomodate them..

Quick Reply: Recall