GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JLH
No time table when I will get mine . Anyone filing a class action suit on GM?
This is the problem with today's society. Sue first, deal with the real problem later.

Do you even realize what is involved in a class action suit? Go ahead and join one and you won't even get enough money to fix your ignition, but you'll help take money from GM and make the lawyers very rich
Old 06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by skyline26
nono im still driving my car. I wanted a rental just for a day so i can drop off the car and go to work then pick it up later in the day or next day...the dealership and GM are both denying this request. Yet they were willing to pay for a rental car since the recall came out like 2monthgs ago? So whats cheaper here? A rental for ONE day or a rental for 2months?

The service department is open till 10pm yet they are only offering warranty work from 9-5. If you know that thousands and thousands of people are effected by this recall, why would you limit your timeframe? Again, it doesnt make sense how I have to accomodate them..
Service department open till 10 pm? Never heard of one open that late.

Fwiw. The "real" techs probably get off at 5 or 6 pm. Not a clue who would be working in the service dept. till 10 pm. I don't think you want some part time paper pusher or cleanup guy in Service trying to do the actual work on your car.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Yesterday I called the dealer and was told the parts would need to be ordered four to six weeks and they'd call me when the parts arrive. Today I get a call to schedule an appointment next Thursday for the repair. This was the fastest four weeks I have ever had.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:30 PM

I wish my dealer gave me that kind of service. I called mine the first week of April when the "parts are becoming available, call your dealer to schedule" letters came out.

2 months later, I'm still sitting here waiting. Calls to the dealer to even inquire, result in messages left on voicemail, and no return calls. I'm fine with the dealer calling me back to go, "Yeah... we're having a huge backlog and still haven't gotten the parts. It's going to be a few more weeks" - but I can't even get a return call.