GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Hi Sundance,

I’m sorry to hear of this experience that you had at your dealership. I can definitely understand your frustrations and I will be happy to look further into this for you. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yah Kristen, I think It'd be better to wait until AFTER I get the warranty work done, LOL. Thx anyways.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Banned

The saga continues. Here it is two days before I'm scheduled for the repairs and the service writer calls to tell me there won't be a loaner available. There are problems with another repair and that customer will need it longer. I call for the service manager this time and ask him if that is the only loaner they have; that I'll be busy that day and will need to do some running around. "Yep, but if I want to wait on it, it should only be an hour and a half to fix both problems". I have my doubts, and ask "if it takes longer, will you loan me your (personal) car"? To which he laughed, said "sure, but I'd better bring in my old truck that day". What he might not know is that I'll (try to) hold him to it even if a company vehicle does become available. It's a matter of accountability. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Not a great day what with Robin Williams passing. The world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Banned

A pleasant surprise

Took it to the dealership and was in and out in an hour. The steering and the ignition switch repairs took them only 50 minutes! I was impressed. Hope they last.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:20 AM

This is a question for those who have decided to wait until the rush is past to do the recall:

Have you contacted the dealer to order the parts yet, or have you done nothing until you are ready, hoping the parts will come in fast after the initial surge of recalls is done?

Thanks
Steve
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 AM

I am taking delivery of my 2009 LS on Friday- it has 38,000 miles and was sold as a GM certified vehicle with a 12 mo/12,000 mile bumper2bumper warranty. I am hoping they do all the recalls on it and make it right- if not, I will have a year to get it fixed. Production ended on the HHR in 2011, so I imagine the last new ones sold are finishing up on their original 36/mo warranty this fall. I debated on going with a cheaper priced HHR, but in the end the extra warranty protection seemed to be more valuable to me. I am hoping to run this car to 150,000 miles, before they take my drivers license away- hehehe
added: I just called the salesman- the inspection showed they have to do $1300/retail in repairs for GM certification- brakes all around and a new rubber gasket for the rear hatch among some other items- and all recalls will be completed. I expect their net costs on those repairs is more like $600. This should be a good ride for a 64 yr old retiree who wants to hit the road.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:56 PM

Called our local dealer and have scheduled the repairs on both my wives 1/2 panel and my full panel for the 16th.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Technical Moderator

Well, I went and had my recall done this A.M.. Add me to the mystified; what the heck could they have done to make both the ambient air temp and the intake air temp stick way too high?

Ambient was reporting in the DIC as 70F to the OBDII port as -40. The intake temp was reporting via OBDII as 140F.
I disconnected the negative cable from the battery for 15-30 minutes; now ambient is 99F and 32F, the intake is 126F.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by Revroy
Called our local dealer and have scheduled the repairs on both my wives 1/2 panel and my full panel for the 16th.
How many wives? How many 1/2 panels?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM

I must brag on my dealer, I called the service manager when I got the letters for the recall. He said the parts were not in, but he would order them and call me when they came in. It took a month for the parts to come in for the ignition swap. He called me, I dropped my HHR off in the morning, road the train in to work. He called that afternoon before getting off work, said the HHR was ready. After work I rode the train to the dealership. My baby was waiting on me, they had washed and cleaned her up, they fixed both recalls, (ignition switch and power steering). From reading some these post I was expecting an ordeal on these recalls.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Technical Moderator

WOW, a GM dealership with a train station.

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...