GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
You know that there is an identical thread right next to this one. What new insight comes with this one?

So, I merged them.
Don - Radco's thread was not exactly like this big thread. His thread was asking a question that is not answered in this big thread at all. It was answered in his thread which is the point of starting a thread correct?

See below in red.

Originally Posted by Radco
I finally got the ignition done..... They also did another recall #14113 but I cannt find any info on it> Search didn't bring up anything, Anyone here know what it is? Just curious, I will call the dealer this week,
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Technical Moderator

" finally got the ignition done.. Didn't have a issue but better safe then sorry, Plus the price was good FREE! I like FREE :) They also did another recall #14113 but I cannt find any info on it> Search didn't bring up anything, Anyone here know what it is? Just curious, I will call the dealer this week, "

While Perhaps that particular question is not answered in this huge thread, I am not going to check because I doubt it, the answer was given in short order and then responses went on and on about "going to the dealer for the recall". And the original could have easily been asked in either that thread or the other interminable thread on the subject.

Not to mention, I found the answer by checking my recall status and then reading the rest of the page.

And Google presented this: https://www.google.com/search?q=gm+r...x-a&channel=sb

The FIRST link provided is the NHTSA document that has been referenced in both of this banal threads. And the answer is in the synopsis, you don't even have to click the link.

And, Radco also started a similar thread on the recall subject some weeks ago. It also is now merged.
Why not put all related info in a common place instead of spreading it around the countryside to clog up the forum search is such a way as to make it useless?

Is that enough 'splaining? I got more, but me fingers are bleeding!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
" finally got the ignition done.. Didn't have a issue but better safe then sorry, Plus the price was good FREE! I like FREE :) They also did another recall #14113 but I cannt find any info on it> Search didn't bring up anything, Anyone here know what it is? Just curious, I will call the dealer this week, "

While Perhaps that particular question is not answered in this huge thread, I am not going to check because I doubt it, the answer was given in short order and then responses went on and on about "going to the dealer for the recall". And the original could have easily been asked in either that thread or the other interminable thread on the subject.

Not to mention, I found the answer by checking my recall status and then reading the rest of the page.

And Google presented this: https://www.google.com/search?q=gm+r...x-a&channel=sb

The FIRST link provided is the NHTSA document that has been referenced in both of this banal threads. And the answer is in the synopsis, you don't even have to click the link.

And, Radco also started a similar thread on the recall subject some weeks ago. It also is now merged.
Why not put all related info in a common place instead of spreading it around the countryside to clog up the forum search is such a way as to make it useless?

Is that enough 'splaining? I got more, but me fingers are bleeding!
Because when a thread is this big many people, including yourself as you stated in your response, will not be wanting to look thru it for their answer. Besides Radcos thread would have died off soon enough.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Technical Moderator

MULTIPLE THREADS ON THE SAME SUBJECT ARE WHAT CAUSES THE SEARCH TO BE USELESS.

MULTIPLE B.S. POSTS IN A SINGLE THREAD THAT ADD NOTHING TO THE INFORMATION MAKE THE THREAD USELESS.

YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO SEARCH BECAUSE YOU GET TOO MANY IRRELEVANT RESULTS, SO YOU START ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SAME SUBJECT.

YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO SORT THROUGH HUNDREDS OF IRRELEVANT POST TO FIND THE BLARING ANSWER IN THE ORIGINAL POST, SO YOU POST ANOTHER ONE.

DOES THE PHRASE "CIRCULAR LOGIC" COME TO MIND?

I guess I need another week off.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:18 PM

And moderators with a BS ATTITUDE like yours do not help either! It is a discussion forum but you get pissed off if someone does not agree with you.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Deceased

OK gang, we've devolved here into an unproductive argument rather than a reasoned discussion, unfortunately it's not the first time.

Rather than closing the thread again, I would like to see it return to civility.

This recall mess has gone on too long, GM bungled things more than once, and dealers have bungled things too. The net result is an undercurrent of frustration, anger, panic, and a loss of faith in GM.

Let's not take our frustrations out on each other, be it between members or members and Moderators.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 PM

I contacted Chevy & went on list to be notified when parts avail. My HHR couldn't wait. One day ignition locked up while parked. Dealer picked up my veh. the next day (tow truck) & I received a rental car. Two months later I got my HHR back all clean & shinny with new ignition & keys. All worked out well (and free) for me & my HHR.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:06 PM

Took the HHR in for the recall earlier this week. Ignition is noticeably "tighter" now, and the new key has a single circle hole instead of the older oval.

I'm just glad it's done.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Ignition replace now other Problem

After I took my 2006 HHr LT1 with 30,000 miles on it, after they replace my ignition, I went to leave and notice that the Traction lamp & Malfunction lamp was on, and did not go out, after sitting there for a few minutes sitting there, I went back into the dealer and told the service person, he came out and look at it, then he went and got the scanner, he turn the codes off, then said if they come back on to call and setup an appointment to get it look at a little bit more deeper, the lamps did come back on so I called to setup an appointment, when I told the service person on the phone what happen, he replied that replacing the ignition switch had nothing to do with the lamps coming on, when I took my car there nether lamps where on, but after service the 2 lamps came on, now it look like I will be paying them for something that was working fine until the replace the ignition.

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...