HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

2008 HHR SS Exterior / Interior / Transmission Option Photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
Does anybody have any pictures of HHR SS's that have any of the stripe options? (Single Smoke Accent Stripe, Double Smoke/Smoke Accent Stripe, Double Silver/Silver Accent Stripe, or Single Silver Accent Stripe)?
You know, and I could be wrong ……again, I think that stripe option information is misleading and is not available on the SS, I don’t think it is choice on the US or Canadian GM “ build your car “ page.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by MrGTO
Look at the Passenger Seat in these 2 Interior Photos. The Manual seems to have a Performance passenger seat????

TRANSMISSION / DASH CONFIGURATIONS:

Automatic (including arm rests & extra cup holder):

Manual (no arm rests or extra cup holder):
Well, I WAS disappointed in finding I wasn't going to get arm rests in the stick car I ordered, but I am happy to see that the trade off might be a matching passenger seat. That does look better.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by LT1GMC
Well, I WAS disappointed in finding I wasn't going to get arm rests in the stick car I ordered, but I am happy to see that the trade off might be a matching passenger seat. That does look better.
I agree. I think it looks pretty nice like this, when matched.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 AM

Now we have a mystery: Winding Road mag Mar 08 article shows a pic of a stick HHRSS, with the noticably different "rounded front" passenger seat, while the pics above show the "square front" passenger seat. Is there a mix out there, are they updating the seats to more closely match on newer HHRSS's or what?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Now we have a mystery: Winding Road mag Mar 08 article shows a pic of a stick HHRSS, with the noticably different "rounded front" passenger seat, while the pics above show the "square front" passenger seat. Is there a mix out there, are they updating the seats to more closely match on newer HHRSS's or what?
Ya, I think the one with the passenger side "performance" seat cushion may be a GM development vehicle flook. I wish you could actually get one like this though... with the matching performance seat cushions on both sides.

We'll have to see how others here respond, and hopefully we can sort out the details.

Also, another mystery is if the performance driver's cushion can be had on the ebony/gray interior... it seems there is mention that this is not a possible combination.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Does anybody have a good picture of an Imperial Blue Metallic HHR SS? The only one I could find has chrome door handles and skull caps, which are not options on the HHR SS. I want to have a more "factory" picture for better comparisons.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 AM

I've seen pictures of the ebony/grey, its a pretty light grey, but don't know if that was an owners car, or a prototype car that the pic was taken in.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM

I wonder if this is a pre-production vehicle. Very possible since GM is great for removing nicer features once the car goes to production.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_MUSCLE
I wonder if this is a pre-production vehicle. Very possible since GM is great for removing nicer features once the car goes to production.
I think you're right. Does anybody have good production picture I can post?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Ok, here's

- Ebony/Gray
- Performance Driver's seat
- 5-spd
- (Imperial Blue)

Note that this is a Canadian vehicle, so ebony/gray + performance driver's seat is at least a possibility in Canada... not sure why GM US site references that ebony/gray + performance driver's seat is not possible... maybe it's just a website mistake.

Note 1: I haven't been a fan of the ebony/gray from pictures I've seen but, in person, it looks quite nice.

Note 2: Canadian vehicle has boost gauge reading in kPa instead of psi. I suppose I should have expected this but... d'oh!

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 02-19-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes

Quick Reply: 2008 HHR SS Exterior / Interior / Transmission Option Photos