HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Clutch Pedal clicking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Clutch Pedal clicking.

Just a question about my 08 SS with 800miles on the odo?
1st: It seems like there is a lot of play in the clutch pedal. The pedal does not seem to engage the clutch until about halfway down. Is this consistant what what the rest of you SS 5-speed owners are experiencing?

2nd: when I begin to depress the clutch pedal there is a loud audible clicking sound. This occures everytime I press the pedal and it occures immediately when I begin to press the clutch pedal. The sound seems to coming from the inside of the cabin under the dash, almost like a cable binding. Has anyone else experienced this?

The play in the pedal has been there since day one, but the clutch seems to be operating correctly. The clicking sound has developed in the last 25miles or so. It started the morning after a 75 mile drive.

Any ideas?

If it keeps up I will probably end up taking her into the service department this weekend.

SPPD
Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 AM

The few I have driven the clutch is about half way.

Now on the clicking I would take it in for sure as that is wrong and needs to be looked at.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Mine has a sort of clicking or scraping sound when I push the clutch in. I found out it's the arm of the clutch pedal sliding against the spring, I told the dealer and they said they could not replicate the sound... all they had to do was push in the clutch.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM

My SS has quite a noisy clutch - it's not the pedal, but the clutch itself. It clicks and clacks every time I engage or release the clutch. The dealership doesn't know if it's normal or not, but they've never had another HHR SS to compare it to, and because it shifts fine, they're not doing anything about it for now.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:28 PM

I hear the same noises. 8800 miles so far, no issues yet. Let me know if you take it in.
Thanks in advance
Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
Mine has a sort of clicking or scraping sound when I push the clutch in. I found out it's the arm of the clutch pedal sliding against the spring, I told the dealer and they said they could not replicate the sound... all they had to do was push in the clutch.

Ya your description of it being a spring is exactly the sound that it makes.

So did they offer a fix or did they just leave it at could not replicate?

SPPD
Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
Mine started doing this one day too and then it went away. Hasn't come back since then. Weird...
Old 08-28-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by SPPD
Ya your description of it being a spring is exactly the sound that it makes.

So did they offer a fix or did they just leave it at could not replicate?

SPPD
They never did replicate it, it hasn't been a problem. I may add it to the list of things to look at when I have them change my oil (free oil changes for life). But unless it's an immediate problem I won't take it in just for that. It's very easy to replicate, although I can't remember hearing it lately, but maybe I am just used to it.

Originally Posted by nerraD
Mine started doing this one day too and then it went away. Hasn't come back since then. Weird...
Mine is usually constant.