HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

configurable display? can you add it to 09 without?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Cool configurable display? can you add it to 09 without?

Hi everyone, I just came from the dealer looking at a 2009 HHR SS with the AA5 option, everything I want except the configurable display. The salesman were clueless as well as the manager about what it was and whether it could be added aftewards, I have a brochure and it shows it installed. The salesman did me a favor and unscrewed the glove box so I could look under it, but there were no wires. I have a 2005 GTO and added the factory center gauges from Australia and it had the plug there, I was hoping that the HHR SS would have the plug so it could be installed.

Does anyone know if it can be added later? maybe the plug is stuffed in there somewhere?

Employee pricing ends tomorrow. They gave me a price of $26,879 including tax, transfer, etc. in that price. In other words $24,843 for the car, do you think thats a good price?

Includes the Performance pkge, sunroof, Pioneer stereo, 5spd.

Please let me know if anyone knows the definite answer to my question, since the salesman, manager and service guy are clueless.

I hope to be a new HHR SS owner sooner rather than later!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM

you're crazy if you don't scoop up an SS with the aa5 option, I have'nt seen one anywhere, screw the display
Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM

these aren't out yet, so nobody knows. i've had mine on order since july 12th. if i ever get mine, i will look at see where it plugs in.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM

Yea, getting your hands on one might be more difficult than figuring out how it is installed.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Great price I say, I paid the regular price you got, the GM Employee Discount started the week after I bought it, unbeknownst to me! AND the AA5, awesome!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by nerisauto1
Hi everyone, I just came from the dealer looking at a 2009 HHR SS with the AA5 option, everything I want except the configurable display. The salesman were clueless as well as the manager about what it was and whether it could be added aftewards, I have a brochure and it shows it installed. The salesman did me a favor and unscrewed the glove box so I could look under it, but there were no wires. I have a 2005 GTO and added the factory center gauges from Australia and it had the plug there, I was hoping that the HHR SS would have the plug so it could be installed.

Does anyone know if it can be added later? maybe the plug is stuffed in there somewhere?

Employee pricing ends tomorrow. They gave me a price of $26,879 including tax, transfer, etc. in that price. In other words $24,843 for the car, do you think thats a good price?

Includes the Performance pkge, sunroof, Pioneer stereo, 5spd.

Please let me know if anyone knows the definite answer to my question, since the salesman, manager and service guy are clueless.

I hope to be a new HHR SS owner sooner rather than later!
Don't even think about it. Buy it!! I've been waiting for my AA5 SS since June, with the RPD. Shame it has the Sun Stroke roof though. What color?
As for price, I was told Invoice, plus tax, etc. So, that comes out to about $28,000. Less any incentives currently offered during final sale. That is why I am highly P.O.'d about all the delays in my build date. Oh yeah, If I knew then what I know now, I would not even of bothered with the RPD.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 AM

Adding the displayy is possible but I just can't tell you it is a plug and play. It is a cool option but with the price I got on a 08 it was not that cool.

As for price I still thing once employee pricing is over you will get a better deal.

I got mine a 2 weeks before the special pricing and I got a 08 HHR SS Auto with every options and I am only missing the side Airbags.

Here is my price.

$26,350 Sticker

$22,750 price I got from the dealer

$21,750 with the $1,000 with my GM card less tax and title.

Oh I even got the splash guards and MP# cable tossed in for free after I made the deal.

I also bought a Malibu a week later for my mother and we got a $26,095 Bu 2LT for $20,400 with no employee pricing. I have seen similar cars for much more under emplyee pricing.

The only real deals I have seen with the present pricing were HHR's, trucks, Avalanches and Trailsblazers.

On average I see people paying $2,000 more with employee pricing than I paid without. I also saw several of the other HHR SS I looked at went up in price when the new pricing deal came in.

Dealers are hurting and I suspect better dealers are yet to come. I would wait to work up from dealer invoice. Even with the 09 price increase I think you could do better.

Anyone want a Imperial BLue HHR SS with the AA5 option ans sun roof. Call Doug Chevy in Akron Ohio as it has benn stilling on the lot for a month unsold.

I also shop the last 3 days of the montha and they always deal better as they are trying to make the numbers for the month. The key is to know about what the dealer has in the vehicle, understand they hold back and other offers from GM, and work up from there.

I had one dealer tell me the price I was offerd was a lie but that lie in in my Garage right now. I almost drove back to Spitzer to rub it in his face. HE would only offer me the same SS for $24,700. It did have the side air bags but nothing else was different.

I think better deals are yet to come. With this Wall Street deal not many people are going car shopping.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Banned

You're probably better off saving the time and money and buying the car that's on the lot. You can always add one of the aftermarket RPDs that the factory is based on anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:07 PM

I don't know about the RPD, but I got my '09 for $24,4xx. That's with the LSD, Brembos, 5sp, side air bags, sunroof and basically all the trimmings except roof rails.