HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Looking to buy HHR SS 5spd

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Looking to buy HHR SS 5spd

Hey guys, I am new to the forums, and new to the HHR as well... I am looking into purchasing an HHR SS with the center mounted digital AIO gauge. Currently I drive a 2010 cobalt XFE, but for practicality reasons ( I am looking into starting my own business soon and the HHR would work out much better than a cobalt ss/tc) the HHR would be much better suited to what I need. Any tips that would help me decide would be appreciated... As a forewarning - No disrespect to the auto owners, I am only interested in a manual transmission, as those are all i drive, but I do have respect for modded autos :)
Old 07-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

The center dash unit is called the RPD (Reconfigurable Performance Display)
It was standard on the 2010 SS. Optional before that.

As far as the 5 speed, I have one. I would look for one that also has the Perf. Pkg option, which was the limited slip diff. and Brembo front brakes. There were some earlier ones that had the LSD without the Brembos, but I think those are just in early 08. This package was not available with the automatic trans.
The 5 speed is known to be a little clunky and sloppy feeling. Just one of the quirks of having a Saab transmission in a Chevy. Me, I've kinda got used to it after 3 years.
If you look at a 2010 model, there was only the ebony interior available. Also the sunroof was standard. And no roof racks were available 2010.
The 08's and 09's will have more options choices as far as how they're equipped.
No matter which one you look at, check to see if it has the GM Turbo Upgrade(GMTU). There's a lot of good and bad info on that, but I won't get into that just yet.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 AM

I just can't wait a few more months! I would have gotten one sooner, but needed basic transportation at the time, and needed to make up my mind on what I would buy, now that I know, I will be getting that soon four months will fly by... Either way, my cobalt XFE is what I am using to establish credit, not a bad little car, quite peppy for its class, 155hp/150tq but not what I am looking for... I would like a performance trim HHR, wonderful looking car, and quite the sleeper
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 AM

Have you looked on Ebay. I've seen a few lately. Not sure of 5 speed, but they are there.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:35 PM

I have seen them on there as well, but you still need credit to purchase them :/ I have seen a black on that I like... however I would rather have a blue one :/
Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 PM

Welcome to the site. When you do find the right one for you, you'll get alot of pleasure out of the SS.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:09 PM

I have test driven a chevy cobalt ss/tc and the hhr ss/tc has that same drivetrain, I enjoyed it. Just need something more practical than a cobalt :) Either way, four months are going to go by faster than I think... Can't wait
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Hello GreysonDeath,

I'd suggest you check out the www.gmcertified.com website. They have pre-owned vehicles there and you can see if any HHRs are for sell in your area. Happy shopping and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Marlea Wilson
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Hello GreysonDeath,

I'd suggest you check out the www.gmcertified.com website. They have pre-owned vehicles there and you can see if any HHRs are for sell in your area. Happy shopping and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Marlea Wilson
Chevrolet Customer Service
is there something like that website for non US residents? For us up here in Canada :p
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Administrator

is Alabama to far?? maybe shipping or road trip!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy HHR SS 5spd