HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Front Grille Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
I had an overlay made.

I would like one just like yours!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM

This is where I ordered from
http://www.webxtremes.com/chevybowtiedecals.htm
I sent an email to sales@webxtremes.com asking for Black Bowtie with Red SS (the SS like used on thier center cap) fro an '08 HHR SS. They have many colors to choose from.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 PM

This is where I ordered from
http://www.webxtremes.com/chevybowtiedecals.htm
I sent an email to sales@webxtremes.com asking for Black Bowtie with Red SS (the SS like used on thier center cap) fro an '08 HHR SS. They have many colors to choose from.
Cool find, Charles! Looks great on your SS! I like the pink and black bowtie!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks everyone.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Thanks everyone.
Charles

I sent an email to them asking for overlays like yours for the front and rear Bowties.....They emailed me back and ask if the back is the same as the front
Can you measure and tell me if they are the same size??
Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 PM

I think it would look better if you left the bowtie alone and put the SS on the intercooler grill.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 AM

The rear bowtie is smaller than the front by maybe 1/16" will try to measure later.

I have been thinking about painting the bowtie black and then painting red SS on the lower grille covering the intercooler.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by KinseySS
I think it would look better if you left the bowtie alone and put the SS on the intercooler grill.

i planned to paint a ss on my intercooler. im working on the stencil now.ill probaly just do it in flat black. hopefully it tunrs out ok or i will have alot of work removing paint from the intercooler. :-(
Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 AM

SS size

The size SS for the hatch is closer to the right size......Measure them and see.....The SS's on the door are larger.......The old 70's SS's are way to large and out of proportation......for use on the HHR...... I'm getting rid of the bowtie emblem on my HHR/SS grill and hatch.....filling and using the SS from the hatch on the grill .........And filling only on the hatch......But that's just my idea......Everybody to their own........WW
Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM

After looking long and hard on the net (but not having an idea of sizes of the things) I went to a local shop to order the "Super Sport" script from a 1967 Nova rear panel, to replace the SS/Turobcharged badge on the back (and likely putting that in on the dash). I am debadging the "HHR", as well as the GM squares. I was thinking about ridding the door of SS's as well, but the wife wants those to stay...but I may find old style "SS"s for the doors.

Anyways, while there I stumbled across a fender "SS" emblem from a 1969 Camaro that I plan to put on my grille. Probably close to the size of the SS on the back.
The size would fit perfectly inside the grille bowtie on the SS, if you're looking for a reference.
As it has the metal posts (meant for going into a fender), it can be put in the SS grille and can use the speed nuts to fasten it from back.

Now, my issue is where to place it.

1)Dremel off the post and put on the bowtie? Probably not. It fits perfectly, but for that, may as well get a decal.
2)Right above the bow tie? Likely not.
3)Right below the bowtie? Probably not. Both of these are too busy.
4)Offset on the lower right corner (if you're facing it) of the grille? Very likely.
5)Centered, but down below on the intercooler grille? Just thought of that, and it looks kinda cool.

What do you think?

Then again, since I have a pair of these, maybe dremel them down and get some foam tape and replace the door SS's with these....but I like the idea of the SS on the grille somewhere too.

Quick Reply: Front Grille Emblem