HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS finally lowered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:14 PM

HHR SS finally lowered!

Well it has been a while since I've been on here but long story short sold the LSJ a couple years back for a tC..scion tC that is

I needed to lay low for a while since I blew the motor a handful of times haha. So I blew a huge hole through the block and crankcase on the tC and went with a fully built one. So much for laying low right? Ran her for a while and while it was quick I decided to boost it then ran it at 7 psi for a while then sold her.

I ended up with a 08 TBSS and picked up a 04 vette with the old lady and decided I needed something so I found a 08 HHR SS with 48K and one owner.

So far up until yesterday all I had for mods were ZZP 3" catted downpipe and OBX muffler which held up for 2 NY winters so far! I decided to get a K&N drop in filter, Forge BPV, KYB Excel-G Struts and shocks and went with Tein lowering springs since well..no one really has that set up and I wanted to be different. So far everything is installed besides the BPV and if course tune but back to the reason I made this thread!

The KYB set up is surprisingly equal to the FE5 if not better..I was VERY skeptic on them but they are great for the price and I am not complaining. I also ordered new mounts, bearings, and hardware for the struts.

The Tein spings are for the Cobalt so the drop on the HHR is a pretty nice drop, not slammed but you can tell she's dropped. The ride in all is pretty stiff but surprisingly forgiving for a lowered car and she hugs the road better than the FE5 set up in my opinion.

I ordered the KYB's, Teins, Mounts, Downpipe from ZZP who were very helpful with making my decisions and definitely love to support the vendors whenever I can.

In closing I am very satisfied with the KYB's and Teins. I'll hop on in a month or so after everything settles in and give my final verdict..also bc I am waiting to get an alignment so I can put my new tires on..but am contemplating getting new wheels..sigh first world issues.

Idk how to post pictures on here I could upload from my phone on css.net so look for my post there until then haha. My user name there is ionRL_585.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Cool, here's the pic post instructions

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...ur-post-52643/