HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS Pricing and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 PM

HHR SS Pricing and Questions

So just maybe guesstimating prices i figure about starting at 20k. what yall think? if thats the case im all for it when it comes out if not i have to wait till spring.

after reading some of the press releases i have questions about the manual tranny. i do and i dont know how to drive a stick (i can somewhat drive my friends jeep, and those with older jeeps understand). i know with the newer cars its almost impossible to miss gear. is the transmission in the SS a more friendly shifting trans? will the operation be pretty easy, just clutch without letting of the accelerator then throw into next gear? i want a car with all possible horses.

also reading the releases i saw where it says that the turbo can push up to 20 psi. on that engine how many horses yall think that is? 300? at crank maybe?

thanks for any help/opinions
Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 PM

Considering this is gear toward high performance I doubt that it's going to be very forgiving.

I'm guessing they'll be listed at $23-25K.

They'd have to at least start at what a 2LT lists for, IMO.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 PM

yeah guess i may be just dreaming a lot. i was just also checking out the solstice forum. this would be the best place to look around for performance mods considering the same engine is used. no exhaust and intakes wont fit but boosting and other mods will. some guys over there are seeing 275+ just by changing to a different intercooler and maybe "intake".
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by isomswim
So just maybe guesstimating prices i figure about starting at 20k. what yall think? if thats the case im all for it when it comes out if not i have to wait till spring.

after reading some of the press releases i have questions about the manual tranny. i do and i dont know how to drive a stick (i can somewhat drive my friends jeep, and those with older jeeps understand). i know with the newer cars its almost impossible to miss gear. is the transmission in the SS a more friendly shifting trans? will the operation be pretty easy, just clutch without letting of the accelerator then throw into next gear? i want a car with all possible horses.

also reading the releases i saw where it says that the turbo can push up to 20 psi. on that engine how many horses yall think that is? 300? at crank maybe?

thanks for any help/opinions
Performance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbocharged, direct-injected, dual overhead cam, ECOTEC 260-hp(1) 2.0L I-4 engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
Estimated 27 MPG highway(2)
High-performance, Nürburgring-tuned suspension
High-flow performance induction and exhaust
Five-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter or available automatic transmission
"Zero-Lift" shifting
Available limited slip differential
Preproduction model shown. Actual production model may vary. Available late fall 2007.

1 Based on preliminary internal GM data.

2 Estimate based on GM testing. Official EPA estimates not yet available.

close window
Old 08-17-2007, 06:23 AM

Max out a 2LT and start from there. The SS will already be loaded. No much left to add (if any).

I'm guessing you won't be able to touch one for under 25K.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM

The supercharged Cobalt SS model is about $3000 more than the non performance model; I would expect the HHR SS to see a similar increase. Don't forget that the 280 HP Dodge Caliber SRT (a competitor to the HHR) is coming out this fall for $19,999, so Chevrolet isn't going to want to go crazy with their pricing.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber-srt4.html
Old 08-17-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
The supercharged Cobalt SS model is about $3000 more than the non performance model; I would expect the HHR SS to see a similar increase. Don't forget that the 280 HP Dodge Caliber SRT (a competitor to the HHR) is coming out this fall for $19,999, so Chevrolet isn't going to want to go crazy with their pricing.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber-srt4.html
You've always been able to buy a Dodge cheaper than a Chevy in a comparable model. You won't see the HHR SS sticker for $20K. If they offer the SRT Caliber for $20K (which I couldn't find that on the link you provided), I bet it will be a fairly stripped version. I would be willing to wager that a lot more research and development went into the HHR than the Caliber.

I give Dodge credit for offering it in a manual only 6-speed though. I wish they would do that in the HHR.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Im sure the price will be high at frist since its in damand, I think anywhere from 24k-28k.. my guess. But if they do want to still win over Dodge, then it may be in the 20k range.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM

I am hoping it starts at 23 without sunroof i will definitley swap if so. Much more than that and I will have to wait.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 PM

Well if pricing on Camaros is any indication, $3000 seems like Chevy's price increment for performance. I remember back when I bought my Z28 in 98, it was $3K more for a Z28 than for the V6 model and it was $3K above the Z28 for the SS. So whatever the MSRP is for the base model, it will prolly be about $3k more for the SS.

Of course what they will actually charge as a "dealer premium" when they first hit the showrooms is anyone's guess...

Quick Reply: HHR SS Pricing and Questions