HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

HHR SS wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 PM

HHR SS wheels

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but does anybody have any idea what size wheels you can go down to on the HHR SS? I plan on getting a set of winter wheels and tires to save the performance tires and high polish wheels from the winter salt while gaining some traction at the same time. Do you think 17" wheels would fit with the bigger brakes that come on the SS?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by misterjensen
I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but does anybody have any idea what size wheels you can go down to on the HHR SS? I plan on getting a set of winter wheels and tires to save the performance tires and high polish wheels from the winter salt while gaining some traction at the same time. Do you think 17" wheels would fit with the bigger brakes that come on the SS?
I'm sure you'll be able to fit 16's just like on the Cobalt SS Supercharged. 16's are the smallest you can go on the SS/SC, although some grind the calipers a bit and get 15's on for racing.

we'll see
Old 08-18-2007, 08:29 AM

The HHR SS has just been added to the TireRack database. At this point, it looks like tires are available, but no word on wheel compatibility yet. I'm assuming that this is due to the fact that they have yet to be able to see / measure an actual HHR SS. After they measure one, I'm sure they will be able to list all compatible wheels. Winter wheels and tires, here I come!

www.tirerack.com
Old 08-18-2007, 10:13 AM

With the brakes "off the shelf" items from the Cobalt SS and barely larger than the stock rotors, there's a high likelyhood that any of the current stock HHR rims would be a good bet for a set of winter wheels.