HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Jack Points for an SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:43 PM

Jack Points for an SS

I have a 2010 HHR SS and I can not locate where the jack points are on the car. The owner's manual is clear that there should be a mark under the car for the correct locations.

But I just DONT see them. Maybe with the SS skirts on the side, the marks get covered up. But I got as much under the car as I could with a flashlight and still do not see them.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Premium Member

welcome to the site,.. RBodeman. The ridge goes in the grove of the factory jack, and crank away
Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly...when you say ridge, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean the thin strip of metal the runs from front to back between the front and back wheel?

I mean, you have to put it in the right spot. Its not like you can just stick the jack on the ridge between the two wheels.

Are the markings that the owner manual refers to, on the SS?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Premium Member

I didn't read it , but I have used it many times. I just put it close to the end I want to lift. My mechanic uses a rubber block, right behind that ridge/seam on the 4 corners, for the lift. If you take out the jack, it will make sense it you too, I'm no rocket scientist.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 AM

The SS skirt may likely not have the marking embossed into it like the standard LS/LT does. I'm just going by memory here (which is often faulty these days) but they are about 8 inches from the wheel well and yes the jack fits on that ridge...... I hate those jacks though. One sneeze and they can collapse, better to use a floor jack and rubber block (hockey puck) if you can.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Platinum Member

X2 what Greybeard says. I have a 2010 SS and I can't see those jacking marks either. They are covered by the skirts.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Technically not "covered" by them, they just aren't there. I have the 2LT runningboards, the marking is embossed on the boards. If I remove the boards I don't have standard LS rockerpanels under them, I have a missing part...... The LS rockerpanels also have the mark in question embossed on them (I believe, I've never had an LS to look at) So these three optional side treatments all fit the HHR bare body, one doesn't "go over" the other. Seems the SS "skirts" don't have the embossed marking that the other two have. The undercarrage, and thus the jack points, is the same for all models and all years to the best of my knowledge.

Anyways..... should be about 8" back/forward of the wheel well openings.....
Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks Greybeard. I just assumed they were covered up. I guess I was wrong. That's why I like this forum. Learn something new all the time.
I hope I never have to use the Mickey Mouse jack. Give me a good floor jack,block of wood and some sturdy jack stands and I'm set.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 AM

Look for the most supportive spot. You can spot jack points by eye. They are always more re-inforced.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:42 AM

Maybe the best bet is for someone with a NON-SS to measure the locations of the triangle marks on their car and let us SS owners know. Its a good bet this is where the SS jacks are to go also since the frame is exactly the same on all HHRs no matter the trim level.

So if a non-SS owner can take a measurement from the rear wheel well forward for the rear jack location and from the front wheel well back to the front jack location and let us know the measurements, this would solve all discussions.

Quick Reply: Jack Points for an SS