HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Reconfigured part? WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:37 AM

Reconfigured part? WTF!

My post is about my 08 SS reconfigured part but applies to all the HHRs I've looked at. Whilst doin' the ole "Dang things need cleanin' alittle" I discovered that the door pull pocket liner was missin' in the right rear door. Figures, kinda goes along with the f'ed up rim and tire deal I got from Ourisman in Rockville, MD. Like the rim deal I was screwed and didn't even waste my time trying to talk to them about it. Yea I've maybe opened that door three/ four times in the 1,800 miles I've driven the car, over the four months I've owned it and I'm just sure that I lost it.....I mean I signed the paper work for a perfect car.......I must have f'ed the rim and tire up and threw away the pull pocket liner.....right?.......YEA RIGHT. Anyways I go the Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg, MD. to buy winter floor mats and the ole pocket liner......things get ordered and I pick up the parts only to discover that the liner isn't even close..........talk to the parts guy and he tells me....I'll see whats going on.... I go back a week later and I'm told it's a reconfigured part......I'm confused on this....ALL and I mean all of the HHRs on the lot have the old unconfigured part and this part doesn't look like it will fit any Chevy made......I spent a good bit of time walkin' around the lot lookin' at pull pocket liners

So fellows take your pull pocket liners inside at night and lock'em away cause the reconfigured part WON'T work.

In case your'e wonderin' the pull pocket liner hides those little nasty screw heads in the pull pocket hole.

HEY CHEVY YOUR RECONFIGURED PART ISN"T RIGHT! I'd ask for some help from you GM guys on here but ya can't fix a problem if there isn't a problem.

Besides I like showin' everyone my razor blade looks like heck job on this fine GM reconfigured part.....and I show it every chance I get.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM

Did they make a mistake and order the wrong part? If it doesn't fit any of the other HHR's either than that doesn't sound right. I would return that part and check with another dealer.

I've found there can be quite a difference in the level of support (and competence) between some of the dealers. If you aren't happy with the one you have see if you get better support at another dealer.

There are a couple people from dealerships that are on this board and have been extremely helpful with any issues that come up with the HHR's. Perhaps one of them will see this post and offer some other suggestions.

Hopefully you will be able to get the correct part soon.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:24 AM

what the heck is a door pull pocket liner?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by dpoll995
Ditto??????
Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by dpoll995
Look at the bottom of the area where you hold the door to pull it closed (from the inside, obviously). Each handle/pull pocket has a black liner at the bottom, which occasionally needs to be taken out and cleaned, as they're great at gathering crumbs, dust and lint. I haven't lost any, and would guess that if the new part is reconfigured and doesn't fit, making your own from rubber liner material would work just as good.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:52 AM

I would test drive one on the lot with the correct liner and borrow the liner from that one
Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Founding Member

The SS has a loose liner in the bottom of the cup that is used for pulling the rear door shut from the inside. Non SS models have it also but it is secured better. I am not even sure if it comes out of the Non SS models. Obviously they got you the WRONG part. It is not an item that should need modifing.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 AM

I never even noticed this part before. Maybe I'll go check at lunch....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member

You're b****hing at GM is obviously misdirected. AND you have been MISGUIDED by your parts man at your dealership. HE ORDERED THE WRONG PART and you believe the BS he gave you.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 PM

I just checked them, yes mine are there they are loose and could easily be lost!

Quick Reply: Reconfigured part? WTF!