HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Show off your IC

Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM

I spoke to a local constable about this issue, and here's what he told me. If you get harrassment from the police, you simply point out that you DO NOT have any red lights visible on the front of your car. Illumination is not the same as having a visible red or blue light. Your lights are inside body panels and not visible from the road.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
I spoke to a local constable about this issue, and here's what he told me. If you get harrassment from the police, you simply point out that you DO NOT have any red lights visible on the front of your car. Illumination is not the same as having a visible red or blue light. Your lights are inside body panels and not visible from the road.
That may work in your area but here in Ohio they will still hand youj a ticket in most areas.

You cant see the tail light bulb either but you do see it Iluminating the tail light lens. Most count ilumination and bulb light as the same thing. It is the color that is not accepted.

Like stated best to check your local laws and how they are enforced and to how much you can push the limits.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by AaronSS
I mentioned in another thread that people ought not to get their legal advice on the Intarwebnets. Another one to add to that list is AaronSS's constable *cough*
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM

Hey if a (gulp) Ford named Kit can do why can't a Chevy?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 AM

They have constables in Texas?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
It was Chuck Norris Texas Ranger!

Chuck Norris not only says red lights are ok on the front but also generates the electricity by grinding his teeth together to provide the electic to light them on 50 cars.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 AM

So i have a question on this. What if i wanted to put Yellow lights on my car. What would be the deal with that, would i be good to go? If i wanted to put them in the wheel wells, behind the grill, or something along this lines.

My hhr is black and i'm going to be adding a few small pops of yellow on it.

I don't know if i'll do it someday, but just thought i'd ask while on the subject
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR

What is a Constable?

Constables are constitutionally authorized peace officers. Constables have the same arrest powers and duties as municipal police officers and sheriffs and have the added responsibility of executing civil process for the courts.

The mission of this office is to serve as judicial officers for our courts. Our responsibilities include executing warrants and serving process that are directed to the constable including eviction actions and seizing property. A constable executes any civil or criminal process throughout the county including citation, notice, warrant, subpoena, or writ. The Constable's can also enforce traffic laws and any other duties that fall on Texas Peace Officers.

What kind of training does a Constable require?

Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education: "Require that every commissioned Texas Peace Officer in the State of Texas continue their training and education by taking at least the required twenty-hours every two-year cycle." Every Peace Officer in the State of Texas attends a Police Academy and must take their TCLEOSE exam. The State also requires that every applicant take a medical and psychological exam. Continuing education courses include:

1. Family Violence
2. Cultural Diversity
3. Special Investigative Topics
4. 20 hour Civil Process Course
5. Firearms Training
6. Racial Profiling
7. 80 Hours of added training within the first 2 years of taking office
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 AM

Also, the term COP originated with constables, it is an acronym for Constable On Patrol
Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Also, the term COP originated with constables, it is an acronym for Constable On Patrol
This is often thought to be the origination of the term COP, but it was actually coined in NYC. The original NYPD was modeled after the london metropolitan police, but after several years they distinguished themselves by wearing a shield of copper on their chest(later called a badge) The locals began to call them coppers and it later was shortened to cop.

This is all my B.S. in Criminal justice taught me.

SPPD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show off your IC