HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

ttr upper motor mount installed. review

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM

ttr upper motor mount installed. review

i own a manual and it solves many issues where the motor rocks when accelerating or decelerating. like a motorcycle where the motor is bolted to the frame. thats what you will be feeling in terms of seat of the pants feeling. soon as i started the car. the engine and car are locked together.

INSTALL:5 bolts on the mount and 3 from the washer res to move it out of the way to wiggle out the mount. maybe 15mins total install. 5mins to get out my jack and tools.

POSITIVE:the stocker is soft and like me if your over 60k its money well spent. complete satisfaction. if your ride feels boring this would be a reasonable upgrade that your sister could do

NEGATIVE:it picks up a little more vibration. nothing the installer could not resolve

Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the info. A couple of other guys indicated the same thing relative to the vibration. You indicated that you resolved the little bit of vibration. Could you elaborate as to what vibration you developed with the new mount and what you had to do to resolve that. I have been thinking about doing that mod also. Thanks !
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sidecardog1
Thanks for the info. A couple of other guys indicated the same thing relative to the vibration. You indicated that you resolved the little bit of vibration. Could you elaborate as to what vibration you developed with the new mount and what you had to do to resolve that. I have been thinking about doing that mod also. Thanks !
interior panels, piece of foam tape or paper board to quiet the rubbing. also alot more road feedback. on bad road with good speed your rearview mirror may vibrate. your just way more connected to what the car feels
Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 PM

This is a must have mod with the GMS1. Wheel hop is gone and I love the race car sounds the car has with the poly mounts.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Miltown SS
This is a must have mod with the GMS1. Wheel hop is gone and I love the race car sounds the car has with the poly mounts.
Which ones made the most difference to you? Upper engine mount or STOP tranny mounts?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback. That helps me understand better what to expect from the down side of the mod, which seems rather inconsequential now that you explained it for us. I guess I'll have to give it a try soon.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
Which ones made the most difference to you? Upper engine mount or STOP tranny mounts?
I installed them both at the same time, but I would say the upper motor mount for sure. Without the upper mount the engine rocks back and forth way too much.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM

You need to do both, one without the other is way wrong, as for vibration if its still there I don't notice it anymore, I do notice the wheel spin thru at least 4 gears, Nice
Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Premium Member

Try buying some tires.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Miltown SS
I installed them both at the same time, but I would say the upper motor mount for sure. Without the upper mount the engine rocks back and forth way too much.
I have read in a couple different threads that the upper engine mount is pointless for the SS 5 speeds. I find this hard to believe but mabe someone can clear this up for me?

Quick Reply: ttr upper motor mount installed. review