HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Who has the fastest automatic?

Old 10-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Nazgul 9

I did that with a boost launch at about the same 2,600 rpm and I am running on Cooper Zeon RS3-A same size has the general with 30lb tp it was just a pefect day nice cool weather perfect for the turbo...
Thanks you saying that means a lot...

Old 10-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Nice run. Not that it matters, did you red light? R/T shows a -.316
Old 10-05-2015, 06:13 PM

This thread is interesting and I have questions to ask 2005HHRauto
1) How do you core the second cat? What type of tool/drill did you make to do this? Could you go into a short DIY on this? I understand the 2nd cat is very short and you say it can be cored while it still on the car.
2) You recommend synthetic trans oil and draining the pan is about 7 qts. What about what's in the torque converter? Do you have a brand choice?
3) Did the TTech upper engine mount help with torque steer?
4) Your car in your signature looks like it has LSD. Did you add this to your auto trans?
Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM

I can help a little here Cat Man, I believe he has stated in the past that he does not have an LSD, runs 12's without it. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) Coring the cat sounds like a waste of $$$ to me. If you've already got the DP out, why not run it down to a muffler shop and have it replaced with straight pipe? Than you can scrap it for cash (make sure you take the DP with you to prove you "own" the cat. Scrap yards are on to individuals who are less than reputable cutting them off cars and getting some quick cash.

I completely drained the wifes trans and torque converter. I wanted all the old stuff I could get out without a damaging flush. I believe it was 10.6 quarts total. Give or take a bit. I used Valveoline Full Synthetic ATF fluid.

I really need that solid motor mount too..
Old 10-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
This thread is interesting and I have questions to ask 2005HHRauto
1) How do you core the second cat? What type of tool/drill did you make to do this? Could you go into a short DIY on this? I understand the 2nd cat is very short and you say it can be cored while it still on the car.
2) You recommend synthetic trans oil and draining the pan is about 7 qts. What about what's in the torque converter? Do you have a brand choice?
3) Did the TTech upper engine mount help with torque steer?
4) Your car in your signature looks like it has LSD. Did you add this to your auto trans?
Thanks
Search my older posts for detailed info:
1. Use an 18" piece of 2.75 tubing, yes, you don't have to remove DP
2. I installed a drain plug, & just drained twice, Valvoline
3. YES
4. No
Old 10-05-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
I can help a little here Cat Man, I believe he has stated in the past that he does not have an LSD, runs 12's without it. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) Coring the cat sounds like a waste of time.

I really need that solid motor mount too..
15 minutes to core, while it's hanging, after removing 3 nuts.
Quick, & works well, & passes inspection.

Mount isn't solid...
Old 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM

I completely drained the wifes trans and torque converter
I guess the torque converter was out of the car?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
1. Use an 18" piece of 2.75 tubing, yes, you don't have to remove DP
Did you just push it through(a.k.a. hammer)?
I know the synthetic trans oil will help with frictional drag. Does the shift response improve do to "higher pressure"?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM

Yes, everything was out of the car. I'm getting good at it. I tore the 2.2 out of my new 07 LT(that's 3 if we're keeping track) in about 8 hours, no lift, at least 1 hour looking for the last place I used "that"(insert any tool you'd like here). I left the trans in this one, it's not getting anything crazy. Bought it cheap because it jumped time and bent 3 intake valves. Should be on the road by next weekend! So I can finally fix the SS and park it during the winter.

I'll (scratch that), the wife (swiftlikeninjas) will definitely make the list next season. Hopefully my LT with a transplanted SS motor will make it too. Lots to do this winter.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:17 PM

Yes, everything was out of the car. I'm getting good at it. I tore the 2.2 out of my new 07 LT(that's 3 if we're keeping track) in about 8 hours, no lift, at least 1 hour looking for the last place I used "that"(insert any tool you'd like here). I left the trans in this one, it's not getting anything crazy. Bought it cheap because it jumped time and bent 3 intake valves. Should be on the road by next weekend! So I can finally fix the SS and park it during the winter.

I'll (scratch that), the wife (swiftlikeninjas) will definitely make the list next season. Hopefully my LT with a transplanted SS motor will make it too. Lots to do this winter.
Wish I lived closer to you. I would most like to help you with the install. Getting more out of the SS doesn't come as close as other high performance cars I've had or helped with but it's mine and why not.
As a side note I just ordered the TTR upper mount. Was going to use a stock mount and do the urethane thing but said to myself use the K.I.S.S. method.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the fastest automatic?