HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Who has the fastest automatic?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
This thread is interesting and I have questions to ask 2005HHRauto
1) How do you core the second cat? What type of tool/drill did you make to do this? Could you go into a short DIY on this? I understand the 2nd cat is very short and you say it can be cored while it still on the car.
2) You recommend synthetic trans oil and draining the pan is about 7 qts. What about what's in the torque converter? Do you have a brand choice?
3) Did the TTech upper engine mount help with torque steer?
4) Your car in your signature looks like it has LSD. Did you add this to your auto trans?
Thanks
A full flush is like 13 or 14 qts so in order to fully switch you'd need a flush not just a filter change.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Nazgul 9

Originally Posted by DrLoch
Nice run. Not that it matters, did you red light? R/T shows a -.316
i did not redlight i asked to make sure... just wondering why the comment " not that it matters"

Old 10-06-2015, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shane H
A full flush is like 13 or 14 qts so in order to fully switch you'd need a flush not just a filter change.
A flush isn't needed to get out all the fluid, I would drain and full twice as Dave suggested. I had it all apart so I'm sure I'm full synthetic. There's lots of flushing horror stories out there. It could work but I worry about all the buildup you start to dislodge and then it gets trapped somewhere on down the line. Filling it twice is costly sure, but a new/rebuilt transmission will cost a whole lot more.

-my 2 cents
Old 10-06-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nazgul 9
i did not redlight i asked to make sure... just wondering why the comment " not that it matters"
I suppose I should have explained... sorry I meant no harm or disrespect in the in the comment.

If for instance you were just doing time trials/testing a red light has no real meaning. If your are in eliminations then it certainly would. You could have been be concentrating on your 60 ft times and didn't care about the reaction time or your overall time for that matter. On that same token if you concentrating on your MPH your RT may not be as important. If your trying to figure what dial in your are going to use given the day,temp, humidity......

Again I meant nothing by the comment.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
A flush isn't needed to get out all the fluid, I would drain and full twice as Dave suggested. I had it all apart so I'm sure I'm full synthetic. There's lots of flushing horror stories out there. It could work but I worry about all the buildup you start to dislodge and then it gets trapped somewhere on down the line. Filling it twice is costly sure, but a new/rebuilt transmission will cost a whole lot more.

-my 2 cents
I would agree with the flush, however those horror stories come from transmissions that are not regularly serviced. Provided you have regular service you won't have a problem I've flushed my Trans every 25k and it's going strong with zero issues. I'm at 100k now.

Also while draining and filling twice seems like you have all synthetic you physically won't be 100% synthetic more like 75%. 7qts is half your total capacity so 1 drain equals 50/50 2 drains 75/25 etc. Yes it will be fine. I just prefer the flush.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:39 PM

Too bad this HHR ended up in scrap heap at the Salt Flats. It wiped out and did end overs years ago. I do agree it was fast, GM pulled the plug after the disaster.
I seen a rail on Pass Time with an Ecotech 2.2L. pushing 1200 HP. His pass was marred with terrible wheel spin and let off after 60 ft.

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
[/IMG]
Cool… LS engines rock….

But, I'd put my money on this 1,000HP 2.0 Ecotec HHR...

HHR construction 10
Canepa Design
Or this out-of-this-world, space , model...
[
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
That was so 2014...

Got it down to 12.30 , last year...
All runs in the 12.3s , late 2015
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/raci...30/#post761036

Easy to mod, easy on parts , I've never broken anything.
Search , 2005hhrauto , for lots of testing/info

Surprisingly, the 4t45e is quite strong & dependable.
There is a transmission rebuilder, on the web, that stated that the 4t65e, is weak, & crap,
& that the 4t45e is more reliable.
You DO need to make it live, by cutting the shift times, in half, via HPTuner, & by running a
full synthetic oil. I use valvoline 100% full synthetic.
And its really important to run with a tire on the street, that doesn't , "dead-hook".
Dead-hooking on the street, is a trans killer...
Do you or anyone else have any insight as to how to adjust the shift times in HP Tuners? I've been looking for insight as to what does what as far as the parameters and what they control, but have come up with nothing so far.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 AM

If you have a copy of 2005HHRauto's tune do a compare of yours to see the differences. He posted up his tunes on the HPTuners forum at one time.

The changes will be under the Trans/Auto Shift Properties/Shift time tab