"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Door Lock Assembly Fix: Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White
Your link didn't work for me, but I has previously done something similar at this link: http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US...ct/p_0302.html

I found they make both CW & CCW by randomly clicking through the manufactures data sheets elsewhere on their site. I hope it does not matter too.

Nor could I find the Jameco sourced motor part number on the manufacturers web site as a current product. Their web site could be wrong as well.

I think you’ll be OK, I just don’t want others to order up motors and have them not work out for them. Perhaps Dan Denton from posts #s 2 & 5 can chime in. Maybe he worked on a left side Door Lock Assembly. I'll PM him.
To Sno White: Yes I worked on the left drivers door. I only pulled it greased it and put it back as I had not expected to be able to buy an individual piece. I'll look next time if I buy a motor to try. its a lot of work to get to as you know.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
My point was that they make and sell these motors by the 100s-1000s and was directed at the post or posts that expressed concern about future short supply. We used Mabuchi motors in our slot cars when I was a kid in the 60s-70s. Use the one that you know works. I was simply reacting to the similarity. By no means was I suggeting that you buy the ones from Jameco instead.
I was just meaning to say that I wanted to get them from the Ebay listing with the course gear in place while I can. I couldn't really find this motor with the gear via google.

Originally Posted by Dan Denton
To Sno White: Yes I worked on the left drivers door. I only pulled it greased it and put it back as I had not expected to be able to buy an individual piece. I'll look next time if I buy a motor to try. its a lot of work to get to as you know.
That's good to know. I figure that it doesn't look like that much more work to replace the motor than it is to replace the regulators which is a project I'm looking at having to do in the near future.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 PM

Your instructions and pictures are spot on. I got all 8 motors in saturday, and replaced both of my rear lock actuator motors today. They work perfectly now. I am thrilled. The actual motor replacement isn't hard at all, and isn't much more work than replacing the entire actuator would be. I plan on doing my front doors in the next couple of days. I can confirm that the motors are the same on both sides of the car. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by voigtsga
Your instructions and pictures are spot on. I got all 8 motors in saturday, and replaced both of my rear lock actuator motors today. They work perfectly now. I am thrilled. The actual motor replacement isn't hard at all, and isn't much more work than replacing the entire actuator would be. I plan on doing my front doors in the next couple of days. I can confirm that the motors are the same on both sides of the car. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!
Glad I panicked for nothing.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM

I finished replacing all 4 of my door lock actuator motors today and I must say that it is very nice to have them all working right again. Its great when you can save $400 in just a few hours.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Sno White,

All of your steps/photos are great except for one. I have a 2006 which does not have a tab to use for separation of the 2 halves. Have you heard of this before?

The number below the bar code is different from yours, (mine is L16S16858) but that may be due to the part/door it is for.

Any help is greatly appreciated...and thanks for the photos!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM

To Tab or not to Tab

As long as the general internals to the lock mechanism are the same, you should be good. Sounds like an addition to aid assembly.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 AM

For those who have purchased motors from the e-bay seller....
Did they combine the shipping? (they state flat rate box)
Or did you have to pay full shipping on each motor?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Scratch that last question....it will automatically price the shipping as a single flat rate box. I just ordered 4 for my HHR. Only 6 remaining in stock.

Thanks to Sno White for the heads-up on this one!!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 PM

2 left now.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Assembly Fix: Lots of Pics