"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Mirror Switch Fix

Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 PM

Mirror Switch Fix

My mirror switch was completely inoperable. Remove the black rubber pad at the bottom, remove two Torx 27 screws. I removed the cup by prying it up with my finger nails. Dont pull up the end where the switch is located or you will break the clip under the cup. Pull it completely up until you see the bottom of the one end of the cup, then slide the cup toward the back of the vehicle. You will need a small screw driver to remove the clip from the power window switch. Switch is removed.

At this point it is probably best to replace with a new one, but I am thrifty ... so I took a smaller flat head screwdriver and opened the switch up, actually it took the help of my wife to hold the switch while I used two small screw drivers and depressed the clips on one side at a time. Once it is removed I found some corroded contacts on the pc board. I polished them with some super super fine sand paper. Sorry not sure of the grit, but it was the real fine stuff used to sand blemishes out of clear coat, it was measured in microns. I honestly did not have a lot of faith in this repair, but after putting it back in, it works in every position. Now it is just the test of time.

Yup I realize the original author asked the question over a ear ago. I just hope I can help someone else in the future that uses the search option and stumbles across this.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Deceased

Made your fix into its own thread guppy, that way it'll pop up easier in searches, and thanks for your contribution to the forum!

P.S. Thanks whopper for moving this thread to where I wanted to move it, instead of where my brain put it at 2am, not hitting on all four cylinders I guess.

Last edited by 843de; 10-22-2013 at 05:20 PM.