"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

How to remove Passenger seat.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 07:38 PM

To answer the Q about lowering: Looks like you can't. Not without doing some cutting and welding.
On partial observation,sliding the seat as far forward as you can,there's a thick metal bar that runs from the pass side to the driver side that the seats bolt on to. The bar is about 1 inch thick,and maybe 3 to 4 inches wide.To lower the seat and solve the problem would involve cutting the original bar (after being removed from the vehicle),getting another donor bar,cutting the same area,but making it about 2 inches longer,then welding it beneath the original bar,reinstalling and putting the seat back in,and now you have a lowered seat. It looks like dropping it won't interfere with anything.

Of course,there's probably one in the front part (when you slide the seat back) that has to come out and be altered the same way as well. If you're determined enough,give it a go and post pics for us.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mrmarkuSS
To answer the Q about lowering: Looks like you can't. Not without doing some cutting and welding.
On partial observation,sliding the seat as far forward as you can,there's a thick metal bar that runs from the pass side to the driver side that the seats bolt on to. The bar is about 1 inch thick,and maybe 3 to 4 inches wide.To lower the seat and solve the problem would involve cutting the original bar (after being removed from the vehicle),getting another donor bar,cutting the same area,but making it about 2 inches longer,then welding it beneath the original bar,reinstalling and putting the seat back in,and now you have a lowered seat. It looks like dropping it won't interfere with anything.

Of course,there's probably one in the front part (when you slide the seat back) that has to come out and be altered the same way as well. If you're determined enough,give it a go and post pics for us.
You do realize this thread is from 10 years ago.
Sure you can lower the seat. Just look in my gallery pictures. Shows some pics of how I modified and lowered mine.

Last edited by firemangeorge; 08-27-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:10 PM

Yes,I only posted since no definitive answer was in this thread.
Thanks for the gallery pics. It looks like the rear support bar is two separate pieces? Or did the bar need some fab work? How did you do it? It would make a nice write up in this thread.

Only because I want to drop the passenger seat badly with little work necessary.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

The factory rear bar is one piece that goes the full width of the interior. I just cut out the drivers side portion and replaced that part with a dropped section that I fabbed up from a piece of L bar.

Been a few years, but I believe I did a semi-write up about how I did this. Not sure where that thread is located but it would be more recently than this 10 year old one.