"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Rear Turn Signal Mod using Front Wires

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Rear Turn Signal Mod using Front Wires

Not very good at writing things up.....

But after looking at wiring diagram on BCM realized you could tap into the wires there and run them to the back of the HHR and tie into the wires over top of the battery that run to rear markers.

Heres how I did it:

1) open BCM access panel
2) locate wire loom running parallel to floor on bottom left.
3) locate dark blue wire (right turn signal) and probe light blue wires (left turn signal) with turn signal on....there are 3 light blue wires....I got on the second try...also the first one I used blinked slower so I tried another and if was fine.
4) use wire taps and run wires down passenger side into trunk area
5) tie wires into black wires over top of battery (you need to test to make sure you match up left and right)

This took me a total of 30 mins give or take to complete this mod. Now on to LEDs in the mirrors.

I uploaded photos to an album, but not sure how to post in post so click the camera under my avatar...sorry for poor quality of pics - used cell phone.

Also wanted to say thx to Charles 04 who got me thinking about this mod seriously and to NxlKing2304 for posting the wiring diagram in another post.

Last edited by HHROwner; 07-30-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM

Good show old man! J/K! Let me know what you use for the LED's for the mirrors, I want to do this, but i want a clean look, I would rather get a replacement glass that fits with the chevrons already embedded! Would look a lot cleaner!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 PM

this is what I want to do for the mirror mod....

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/b...cate=070000000
Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 AM

That would look sick as hell! I may do it and post pics!!! Do you know if that is doable on our hhrs?? Has anybody done this before?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:11 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't work......just tap into the newly found wires and run a ground. Going to the parts store in a while to see if they have anything like this.....if not gonna spend $66 plus shipping ...LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 12:13 PM

I'm talking about fitting the product, not the electrical. I know that will be fine! We will know soon enough. I already ordered them two days ago, when i get them, i will try to post pics and how to!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:48 AM

UK wiring for 2006 HHR

I'm having a hard time finding the BCM is it under the shifter console with access to the wires on the passenger side? I have the acess panel off the shifter console on the passenger side. Appears to have a ECM and another control module forward on the console. I have 4-5 yellow wires and 3 green or blue wires also. i'm color blind so I have hard time with the colors. I know that the left turn has yellow wire and right has blue or blue green wire. Three wires connect the upper light to the rear with two wires on the lower for backup lights. I'm trying to connect the turn lights to the back up lights with a amber bulb to make the uk standard. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the turn light form the upper light and still allow stop and taillights on the top. I hear there an issue with the upper still recieving turn light. the upper light should only have tail and brake. The issue come in the top light for brake and tail. Someone has indicated to disconnect brake light at the upper rear and apply wires from the 3rd light to each side on the top rear light. Everybody says theres still issues with the BCM still being connect to the top light????One individual indicated to one seperate wire from brake after diconnecting the 2 wire connection on the brake(we believe it is for the brake only) the multi-connection is for cruise and signal to shifter to allow shifting automatic from park to drive..... i need some guidance here please!!!!Contact scotty.drain@yahoo.com