"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Rear wiper removal mod??

Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
If you go down to I think #47, you can see a pic Kim's SOM without the wiper.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=15323&page=2

And other pix of my my blackie, & don's white HHR
and mine :)
E'
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Good Stuff!! I'm gonna do it some time this week. I want it to look as non existent as possible so maybe i will be able to find something that will accept the touch-up paint that i have to make it look seamless... If not it will have to be black or something... Thank you to all that have replied...

Oh i have one question for Hip Hot Rod. In the instructions you said that you have to remove the hatch handle... were you talking about the outside handle that houses the tag lights? if so why?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by JACK-07
Oh i have one question for Hip Hot Rod. In the instructions you said that you have to remove the hatch handle... were you talking about the outside handle that houses the tag lights? if so why?
I believe he is referring to the hatch handle you reach up to, put your hand in and grab to pull the hatch down. I saw Tim pull it out and then put it back in--it was the last thing he did when done.

Or, I could be totally wrong..

I was *slightly* hesitant at the last minute to do it, but am glad I did! I LOVE not having it on anymore!

@ngelita
Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 PM

Yes Jack, As Angie mentioned, it's the *cup* that you use to pull the hatch down to close it. It actually serves as another mounting point for the hatch trim panel.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
I am considering using the washer hole to install this stylish back up camera now available for nuclear power plants and HHRs.

To funny Tim
Old 06-17-2008, 10:13 PM

Well its been a couple weeks but I finally got it done. Check it out...

I used a chrome cap plug from an assortment in the help section at the auto parts store and some silicone to seal it. I am still working on a body color cap but they don't have the Sunburst Orange in a spray can so back to the drawing board on that. but for now the chrome is looking mighty cool!

Many thanks to all that replied to this with guidance

Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM

i thought about taking my rear wiper off but living in the south i go down the occasional dirt road ecpesialy by my grandmothers house and the dirt flys up on to the rear window and makes it hard to see
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by JACK-07
Well its been a couple weeks but I finally got it done. Check it out...

I used a chrome cap plug from an assortment in the help section at the auto parts store
Good job!

I noticed those assortment packs at Autozone on Sunday. I thought that one of them looked like a 1" hole plug. Great find.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 PM

I wanna do this mod too, but want a color cap. I was also thinking could a rear view camera fit in the hole. Something like this:

or maybe this one:

Could someone measure the diameter of the hole for me? Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 PM

I think there is enough room depth wise. The hole is 1", I guess if the camera was larger you could open it up a bit. Also the angle might not be correct either for a flush fit.

Inside the 3rd brake light is the cleanest install I have seen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear wiper removal mod??