Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

2009 Silver Ice Metallic SS from Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by JSK
Welcome! Glad you're giving some company to our Fireman.

I'm jealous of your Stage 1 Tune as well (I believe that your fuel door may confirm its presence with a sticker that says "Premium fuel REQUIRED" or "USE PREMIUM ONLY" or something to that effect).

You picked an excellent forum here - so many users here have been around since the HHR roll-out, and so many are VERY quick to jump in and help. Truly impressive community.

Welcome aboard!
if this is truth, then I most definitely do have the stage 1, as I have the sticker for premium fuel only. I also have ran it several times to test peak boost and have been given a max of 26psi with an average of 24psi peak boost.
Originally Posted by DwRed2LT
Welcome !!
thanks

Originally Posted by J W Davis
Welcome Chris!
Thanks
Originally Posted by Oldblue
Welcome to the site! Enjoy that SS!
Thank you most definitely will be!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member

You've most likely got an aftermarket tune. Stage 1 tune wouldn't (shouldn't) give you that much boost. Pushing 26lbs. is getting close to the dangerous zone as far as some parts are concerned.
If you have the stock intercooler and stock plastic charge pipes, they could fail with that much boost pressure. Be careful if those are still stock.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
You've most likely got an aftermarket tune. Stage 1 tune wouldn't (shouldn't) give you that much boost. Pushing 26lbs. is getting close to the dangerous zone as far as some parts are concerned.
If you have the stock intercooler and stock plastic charge pipes, they could fail with that much boost pressure. Be careful if those are still stock.
yes the Bosch blue sensors (what made me think it was 3 bar and tuned) and everything is stock, even has the factory tires. Not for sure exactly what route I'll be taking but I know better tires is the first thing. These just spin when you put it to the floor. Especially from a stop. I haven't been beating on it regularly just for some preliminary testing. Currently noticing the low mpg rating. Only averaging 19.9mpg per fill up. Last daily was at 30.6mpg per fill up.