Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Panel or Wagon or ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Administrator

I'd get it! Any back seat passengers will appreciate the seats seat belts and the windows!
You're gonna like backing out of a driveway or parking spot and having the better vision thru those windows!
The extra panel space is cool for advertising if this will be you company driver!
The panel space would be cool for old school murals or pinstriping
The AA5 is a rare option and nobody can beat that rarity for cool factor!
Now a set of lowering springs nice set of wheels , some tasty pinstriping, maybe a set of Depo headlamps and blue dot tails!!
The list is your choice!! Enjoy !
Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum and nice find! As others have said the AA5 option is rare and that one looks to be in great shape. If you decide to get it you won't see very many other ones on the road just like it. That's for sure.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 PM

I went to the Dealership in Fort Worth today to check out the halfpanel. This thing did not have a single blemish on the exterior. On the interior the only thing I could find was some scuff marks on the spare tire cover in side the rear hatch. All the maintenance was documented thru Carfax as being preformed at the Chevy dealership it was originally sold at new. The dealer had just replaced the front struts and replaced the pads and rotors. I was able to make a deal and its being delivered this afternoon. I can hardly wait to start putting together a Mod list. After finding out that the rear seats would fold down flat it meets all the requirements I needed for hauling items so I didn't need a full panel after all, though I still think they look really cool. Thanks again to everyone who offered advice on this !
Old 10-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Cool AA5 Half Panel !!!

Enjoy the ride
Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 PM

Congrats on your new ride
Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Awesome and I noticed it has the front windows tinted and a roof rack with cross bars!
Now those noisey plastic hub caps, well it's up the you but , IMHO they gotta go!
Nice that it has running boards too!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
It's got option AA5 which is the half panel! Kinda like a mullet, business up front and party in the back! These are rare to find, but are legitimate Chevy HHRS not a panel with windowed doors and a back seat bolted in!
Ah HA!!! So I'm not crazy after all. Well maybe I am, but at least I really did see on of these in Ohio. Pretty cool, really. That woulda been reason enough to order a brand-spankin' new one.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 PM

Are there any stats available that would tell us how many wagons, panels and half panels were produced overall during the production run of our HHR's. Or better yet for each years production. If there are any classic Ford fans on the site there probably aware of a report available know as a Martenie Report produced by Kevin Martenie ( former Ford employee) got his hands on all of Fords production data going back to at least the 60's and put together a data base with that info. You can order a report from him with your vin# and receive information from the date vehicle was ordered, date and location it was produced at. All the options the vehicle had. It will even tell you how many other ones with say red sets were produced for that model year and the other options. You can also see how many exactly like the one your vin # were produced that year. I have one for a 71 Mach 1 Mustang I own and its very interesting reading.
I think GM must keep some similar data. I say that because I was at a Mecum Auction last year in Dallas where a 67 Corvette that had a 427ci motor , Red exterior and Red interior was sold as being a 1 of 1 produced that year. It sold for 6.5 million !!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Premium Member

welcome to the family HeavyHook...

That info is out there, I spied a half panel SS for the second time today in Mystic Blue...the number I heard (from the barron) 2% were that color. Maybe they will accept my offer.......
Old 10-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Administrator

I had a quick search but the numbers sheets have been deleted, maybe Google HHR production numbers, and I'll keep looking