The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I got cat scratch fever ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:16 AM

Thumbs up I got cat scratch fever ...

So this past week, my mother and her fiancee were in town, visiting, checking out the tourist attractions and using my computer for researching Civil War veterans. My mother brought her little 16 year old black cat Chessie (full name Chesapeake, named after the C&O railroad mascot). This is one of the few cats my wife has ever been around which has not made her an allergyriffic mess.

The cat's been a little lonely because of mom moving out of her mobile home and into her fiancee's house. The cat was left in the trailer because the new house has a flea problem in the neighborhood.

So I took her in. We have a cat now. It'll take her probably a little bit of time to adjust to new surroundings, but ... as it stands right now, our household is one creature bigger.

Will post some pictures when I get a chance to take some.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

Cue Ted Nugent music. I have 4 of them in my family's zoo.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Oh no! Yet another victim of gone to the cats. A few years back Deb drug this poor 7 day old black and white kitten home. He was so weak and covered with fleas, well we killed the fleas and bottle fed him ever three hours for several weeks. I like cats but never owned cats, once he was stronger and could eat on his own, Deb say ok it's time for him to go back to the Humane Society to be adopted out. I was like wait I fed him and took care of him and now you’re going to take him away now that I'm attached. Oh if I only knew, that opened a huge door we now have four cats, three ferrets, and a Great Dane. Be very careful, when the word gets out that you’re a home for wayward cats you to will be over run.

Curtis & Deb
Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 PM

That's for sure. I have 5, all "drug in" one way or another...

I used to collect Chessie trains. I loved 'em. I had this uploaded, so here it is for your readers:

Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Here's the pictures I promised!

"Hey! Don't tell me the ending!!"

Contemplating life, the universe, and the next warm sunbeam to take a nap in.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Founding Member

Remember, you don't own the cat, the cat owns you!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 PM

16 years old is getting up there for the kitty...my mom had one that looked just like Chessie...she lived until 21...great kitty she was

Good for you making a nice warm home for Chessie

I miss my Betsy...when my Dad passed away a year ago we sent Betsy down to keep my Mom company...before we knew it she had bonded to the kitty and that was the end of it....she always said we could take her back but I can see that would break her heart...so I visit once a week

Goose