Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Mid-Central Regional Run - Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 AM

Question

Anyone else going from west of the Mississipi?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:23 AM

Any of you guys needing directions just let me know where you are coming from and I will bring you in...
Old 07-24-2006, 06:44 PM

I am trying very hard to rearrange my schedule to make it to the meet. I am about 1 hr from Indianapolis. I will be coming from I-74 from Indy. Does anyone know how long the trip to peoria is from Indy? I never trust Mapquest with driving times. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:41 PM

well pizzaman, I`m about 1.5 hrs from chicago (downtown) and its probably 45-60 from here to peoria so id say its 2.5 hrs from chicago and add on however long from where your at to chicago.. I have made it to the drag strip in indy from my house in like 4-4.5 hrs so??
Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 PM

Pizzaman
I drove from the South East side of Chicago to Indy and it took us 2 hrs and we got lost, So I guess what I am trying to say is it should take you about 4 and 1/2 hours but then again most of your travel is a 65 MPH. Posted Speed Signs.

What ever you do be very careful because the News states that Some one is Shooting in I-65 in the area of Seymour IN. I my self would like to meet you and not read about you. Hope to see you on the 12th.

Z-Man
Old 07-25-2006, 06:46 AM

Old school, Route not determined as yet, thats why I wanted everyone to check map out. May be better routes, and someone else may need to join in off route. W/Gas prices what they are , any way to shorten drive (although it will be enjoyable behind the wheel of my/our HHR ) will be a cost saver.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:15 AM

Pizza you can figure between three and 4 hrs according to how fast you like to drive, I-74 not bad until you get to the Peoria area, let me know and I can provide best routes...I spent a lot of time in Indy as a kid then go to the Goodguy event at Raceway almost every year... Anyone else that needs specific directions just let emknow and we will get you in...Pat
Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 PM

Hey everybody, I need an update...how many of you are planning on making the cruise after the show and shine, I am going to alert the local cop shops and ask them to hold traffic at the couple of intersections that we will need to clear, I am also going to contact the host clubs of the two cruises that we are going to visit so they know that they are getting a parade of the baddest rides that Chevy has introduced in a very long time!!! I got a call today from a young guy who says "someone put a flyer about an HHR show on my HHR, but my dad wants to bring his too, is it okay if we photocopy the entry?" Guys it is starting to pick up, so please keep it up, let's fill the joint and then make our plans to roll a serious caravan into the nationals next year!!! Thanks to all of you and to the forum, it's too cool to be part of something this fun again !!! Hey if you call my house and don't get an answer please leave a message, we are doing a lot of stuff towards the move and the new house, but my wife does check the messages pretty frequently....Monday is move day...Yippeeeeeeee!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM

congrats on the move pat!! I think the wife and I will tag along for the cruise!! Were gonna stay at the paradice im thinkin so she can loose my money later that night!! LOL dont tell her i said that though!! I put a couple copies of your flyer and some notes with the site name and the run info but havent heard much yet!!??
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM

Hey, just so everyone understands, there is a long distance trophy avaliable for our run...so you guys in the western part of our region...come on over...We can always change locations next year and make this a traveling regional, I'll go!!! Honestly, we are doing everything possible to make this a fun run, you can call it an inexpensive day trip if you're close or a nice weekend getaway if you're from farther away, but how ever you look at it, you are going to meet some great people, have a good time, grab a stuffed goodie bag and have chances at some pretty cool door prizes...and you just might snag a trophy (and for you guys who are new to this kind of stuff,it is a total rush to have people looking at your ride asking you questions, and that first trophy is an experience that you won't soon forget!) My wife picked up more door prize donations today, I will update the stash after I get home and take inventory...See ya' soon !!! I can't wait !!!

Quick Reply: Mid-Central Regional Run - Roll Call