Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Deceased

Ya know OB, cream and yellow were #2 on my mental list of color combinations that I never mentioned to Ben.

They would look good too, but that turquoise just "pops", a real attention getter for dang sure.

And being a pastel, it does fit well with the era being emulated, I've always admired the color palettes of the 50's. Nothing quite packs the visual impact of a shapely car painted in the purest "Hey look at me!!" color.

Besides enjoying it, and showing it, maybe Ben will give one last nod to its HHR DNA and enter it into a "Featured" contest when he's bolted on the final part. Hint, hint, hint.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Administrator

then the colours have been choosen and time to get to work, winter is coming!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 PM

Those colors will work but I kinda had in mind the brownish red that almost looks like a root beer barrel and the creamy off white like my dads old Buick.

And what happened to the hood ornament?
Old 09-19-2014, 03:10 PM

You guys are a tough crowd! A bunch of task masters!!! LOL. I know all too well that winter is rapidly approaching...Ugh! LOL I'm working during every last minute of my spare time to get her glassed in and completely sealed before winter hits.
And the emblem is still a go, but it falls below fiberglass on my priority list for this project.
All kidding aside, I am really humbled by everybody's interest in my project. :)
Old 09-22-2014, 02:33 PM

All kidding aside, I am really humbled by everybody's interest in my project. :)[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding????? I doubt there is a soul here that hasn't looked at
you project at least once....I gotta look every time there is a new post.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 PM

sbrice54, I have always been found of the old Buicks from the late 40's to mid 50's. With their big toothy chrome grilles, sweep spears, ventiports, & bombsite hood ornaments, they are some of the most iconic American car designs. This project was sort of a way for me to pay homage to those designs while scratching my own personal itch...I always wanted to be a car designer. Besides drawing car designs, I have never done any three dimensional designs, or even any auto body work prior to this project. So having this project receive so much positive feedback has truly been a humbling experience. It has also made me realize that the only way I will be content in any career path I take, it must be one that allows me to create. It may take me a while, but I am determined to get there.

So for you, and everyone else that has that has shown an interest in my project or encouraged me, I say thank you very much!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Deceased

No Ben, we owe you our thanks for taking us along on the ride, and letting us look over your shoulder.

Your creativity and vision is something that very few people are blessed with, and you'll go far as a custom builder and fabricator, just remember us when you're famous OK.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Keep this good work up and you might get voted HHR of the month LOL, or maybe best of the year. "Best of the Century" would be my vote. I once had a 1954 Buick Special that was pretty much this same color scheme.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:56 PM

Thank you guys for all of the kind words...I am truly flattered!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Benjiwah
Thank you guys for all of the kind words...I am truly flattered!
Okay, we have sent enough compliments your way, pumped up your ego way too high. Now get working darn it! We all want this thing done before winter!

Seriously, great work, I am just too impatient!

Quick Reply: HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress