Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?

Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
BDB

Member #: 57268
Check out my gallery 
HHR Cowl hood

I have see some post that are older about a cowl hood. Does any one make a Cowl hood for the HHR?
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Premium Member

Member #: 19417
Check out my gallery 
the only ones i have seen were custom made jobs either fiberglass or welded on....on of these days i am gonna buy a hood from a scrap yard and make one myself
Old 05-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #3

Member #: 21402
Check out my gallery 
I supposedly have this one being made for me. Not the most reliable guy to deal with from what I have heard, but he was the Only one making this style cowl induction HHR hood scoop.

I like it Alot, and think it will look pretty cool on my Black Panel. Morticia.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is just the Cowl Scoop (Can be made actually Functional with some more work) and I will have to Bond it to my hood and feather it all in.

I contacted the guy awhile ago, he replied that he no longer made them, but was thinking on making a Full HHR Hood that had the Cowl, at 4Xs the price of just buying the scoop alone. I explained I already had a Hood and just wanted the scoop and if he no longer offered it, I would fabricate one myself.

He gave me a price and shipping and said he would make me one last one if I wanted it.

I replied and said yes, we agreed on the pricing and his Fiberglass man was supposed to make it a couple weeks ago, I wanted to see Photos of it when it was completed and ready to ship Before I sent any of my cash, he later said it was done but he did not know how to email me pics, and was gonna get someone to figure it out for him.

I still weeks later now have not heard back from him.

Wish I knew someone on here in California, Close to his shop that I could get to go by there and pick it up for me, then ship it to me, I just Don't trust the guy and don't want to send my cash and wait Months trying to get it. If i'd actually get it at all.

I Really WANT that Hood Scoop.

20082LTBLACKonBLACK&ChromePANELBoughtonJuly13th,2010
Some of my Mods are Listed here > http://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showpost.php?p=615638&postcount=50
My Panel will be BLOWN soon! (Eaton M62 Supercharger)
Voted HHR of the Month October 2011 on another HHR Forum.
American & Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #4

Member #: 56268
Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by American & Proud View Post
...Wish I knew someone on here in California, Close to his shop that I could get to go by there and pick it up for me, then ship it to me, I just Don't trust the guy and don't want to send my cash and wait Months trying to get it. If i'd actually get it at all.

I Really WANT that Hood Scoop.
What part of CA?

Black 2008 HHR Auto
(replaces a 2006 HHR 2LT)
- HPTuners [Toast_v1.7.7 91Oct or Kornbred_v1.2.1 E50 tune], Forge BPV, 7 color LED lighting, Black powder-coat bowties, Front SS emblem ZZP hot-side pipe, TTR upper engine mount, Lifted Lexan half-lid on airbox -
Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #5

Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
What part of CA?
1724 South Grand Avenue Santa Ana, California 92705

Some of my Mods are Listed here > http://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showpost.php?p=615638&postcount=50
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #6

Member #: 56268
Check out my gallery 
I'd love to help you, A&P, but that is out of my range. Hopefully, someone from SoCal will see this and offer to help.

Black 2008 HHR Auto
(replaces a 2006 HHR 2LT)
- HPTuners [Toast_v1.7.7 91Oct or Kornbred_v1.2.1 E50 tune], Forge BPV, 7 color LED lighting, Black powder-coat bowties, Front SS emblem ZZP hot-side pipe, TTR upper engine mount, Lifted Lexan half-lid on airbox -
Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #7

Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
I'd love to help you, A&P, but that is out of my range. Hopefully, someone from SoCal will see this and offer to help.
Thanks, I hear if you live near him, he tends to do the work, but online knowing your far away I guess you can be up a creek without a paddle after paying.

Maybe, maybe he has since changed his ways? Don't know, don't want to find out the hard way.

Had he just sent me the photos on the completed scoop ready to ship, I'd have sent the money weeks ago, and been happily waiting for it to arrive.

Scared me off with the "I don't know how to email pics of it to you" He ships stuff all the time, Custom stuff, you'd think pics were part of selling the stuff.

I'd trust sending the money to a long term member here and having them go pick it up, first theyd have to go See that it is as he says, Made and ready to go.

But I sure would LOVE to have that Cowl Scoop on Morticia.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Premium Member

Member #: 23683
Check out my gallery 
It will look good, with the visor. I'm buying this one.

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/scoop-fr9397.htm
SS fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
BDB

Member #: 57268
Check out my gallery 
Thanks for the input.

I had hoped someone made one. I need to replace my hood due to hail damage and wanted to upgrade.
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Premium Member

Member #: 15222
Check out my gallery 
I spoke with this company a year ago and they told me if there was enough interest they would produce one for the HHR. www.cervinis.com

2010 Imperial Blue Metallic SS 5sp purchased 7/13/2010, GM Power Upgrade 8/31/2010. LSD, Brembo Brakes, Depo Headlights, IPCW LED Tails, Clear Side Marker Lenses W/ LED Bulbs, K&N High Flow Air Filter, TTR Rear Sway Bar & Stubby Antenna , Tinted Front Windows, Forged Bov.
November 2010 Featured
Rodney B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM

submit to reddit