Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Hubcap Idea

Old 01-25-2016, 10:14 PM

I have a set of fairly decent condition 15" 'factory mag' stamped steel wheels from our '83 Camaro. I can tell you the bolt pattern will simply not fit the HHR.

I had the bright idea of running the Camaro wheels on the HHR over the winter months, I got a hellofadeal on some blizzak tires and had them mounted then found out the wheels did not fit.

I did find some wheel adaptors that I really did not like at all you bolt them on first then the Camaro wheels on top of that. It would widen the wheels stance a lot and most likely cause undo stress on the hub bearings.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Powder coating is just electrostatic applied paint!
I know this is an old thread but I have to disagree with the above statement. Powder coat is actually powdered plastic that is heated to it's melting point to adhere and flow out smooth. If it were solvent based paint, it would eventually cure without baking it.

If you were to take it out of the application booth and leave it sit, the powder would eventually fall off/blow away...ect, leaving bare metal.

If the substrate is properly prepared and the plastic is properly baked on, powder coat is an extremely durable finish.