Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

look at this bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

look at this bumper

i was looking at pictures of HHR but never seen this one i like the way this bumper look has any one ever seen this one before???

Name:  hhr.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  84.3 KB
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 PM

That's got to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen done to an HHR!! Gull wing and Lambo doors on the same vehicle?? Looks like they could come in contact with each other if you weren't careful. Sorry, don't know anything about the smooth bumper; probably aftermarket.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:56 PM

Bumper is shaved.... it's custom work. Nobody makes one.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I don't know how I missed that looking at the rest of the vehicle....
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
X 2, + I think it needs a BIGGER tail pipe.......

Got a nice 'squat' tho !!!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 PM

it isn't the best looking hhr but i like the bumper and only the bumper. someone out the must like the whole car.that's what i thought custom work i might have to try this if i do ill show you how its done.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by eljimador
it isn't the best looking hhr but i like the bumper and only the bumper. someone out the must like the whole car.that's what i thought custom work i might have to try this if i do ill show you how its done.
Look in the "How To" section, there is a complete write up with pics on doing the bumper nubs shave..

I really like the smooth shaved bumper also.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 AM

I don’t know.

These days I buy cars to drive not to see how much money I can spend on senseless/useless modifications. Repair bills are enough for me anymore.

When I was young I bought a 1969 Mustang. It came with a 428ci. Super Cobra jet V8 engine in it. It had the functional ‘shaker’ ram air hood scoop setup. It was scary fast when I got it and I spent a small fortune trying to make it go faster.

After trying successively larger carburetors and even a nitrous injection thing, headers, oddball cams, polished and ported the heads into the headers, I bought a high rise intake manifold and had it glass beaded and ported to match the heads, and all manner of other things, none of which seemed to really work the way I wanted.

I got tired of it all one day and returned it to as close to stock as I could. I was shocked when my ET’s actually got better with it all stock again.

I was really happy I had not gotten around to fuel injection or a blower, which were next on the list.

I currently own a 1974 MGB which I did do some mods on. I have the Webber downdraft carb but that was just so I could actually drive it in the winter. The stock SU carburetors have two hidden letters {CK}
I put the Mallory dual point ignition on but only because at the time I could not get a stock Lucas distributor from any of the parts places I had access to.

Now I have found Moss Motors and you can literally buy everything you need to build one from the ground up if you have the money.

If all you want to do is customize a vehicle there are lots better units to do that with.

A friend built a replica 1952 MG TD but used a Chevy 350 V8 and put the turbo hydro 400 automatic transmission in it. He bought the body tub and pretty much everything else but the back axle from Moss Motors.

The back axle is a cut down Chevy Corvette axle. He wanted 4 wheel disk brakes so he went with a slightly newer front axle too.

He spent months trying to decide if he wanted to incorporate ABS brakes into the buggy but in the end decided, since they were not required, to leave that part off. He did have to put an airbag in to get it titled in Illinois though. I think he ended up putting a steering column from a Caviler in the car.

Had I the money to frivolously throw at a vehicle my MG would rapidly be in Concours condition.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
geg

fantasy of pervert
And I do not like bumper too. The guy had shaved off his "boars' tusks". But I pray for my "boars' tusks". These "tusks" are saving me from serious injury. This is especially true for Russia. I have long been ruined on the delivery of bumpers from the U.S., but my "tusks" are saving me from unnecessary spending.
Idiot on the Lada broke his ass, but my bumper - just paint. Last winter - serious injury to Peugeot, but my bumper - just paint over.
Guys, possibly "boar's tusk" is archaic and not trendy, but, first, it is a controversial statement and, secondly, it is effective and saves you money.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

"The stock SU carburetors have two hidden letters {CK}"

Aaah, the old Skinners Union Carbs. We used to snag them at the boneyard & adapt them to our Harleys..

Quick Reply: look at this bumper