Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

3rd row

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
I remember the days taking the '65 Belaire wagon to the Amusement park.
Me and my cousins all on the floor in the back. The adults in the seats.

My the insanty
i was just sitting here thinking that, someone laying in the rear window, someone sitting between two front seats, two on floor board being straddled by people in back seat. with two more in the back seat. and would be happy about it and cops would just wave as they go by!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 AM

Sounds familiar, I once drove home from the bar with 7 drunken passengers, (4 male, 3 female) in my little '85 chrysler daytona turbo hatchback. Cops wished me luck, was an interesting drive.

In the HHR a very small seat might be possible (legality aside) if you face it rearward or inward from the sides and utilize the spare tire well.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:32 AM

thats what i thought as well, but i took a further look at the structure of the car in the rear, it would no meet safety standards so legality part, would be a no go.

functionality would be another thing. it would be pretty easy to install a single fold seat (like the size you take to sit on in bleachers so you butt dont hurt). with seat belt mount to pillar w/ grade 12 or higher bolt along with mount to floor with same bolt set up.

like this seat
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 AM

I saw one company makes a seat like that, and listed it fit in the Equinox.

There isn't much of a flat floor to mount to in the HHR though. Remove all the storage panels, and spare tire cover, it's a pretty deep pit back there.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM

i think you would have to weld in a flat bracket so put the seat on. i thought about that to, there is a LARGE depth cargo area back there to support the tire and battery. Yeah im not sure where i get that photo it was a free photo in another forum of a mock up. Mine in the explorer is full benched.

My thinking was just like old s10s and f150 they had them hide-a-way fold down side seats that faced same direction. Hidden behind driver seat, there wasnt much room or bracket work.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:10 AM

hey

Originally Posted by SwaintaN
thats what i thought as well, but i took a further look at the structure of the car in the rear, it would no meet safety standards so legality part, would be a no go.

functionality would be another thing. it would be pretty easy to install a single fold seat (like the size you take to sit on in bleachers so you butt dont hurt). with seat belt mount to pillar w/ grade 12 or higher bolt along with mount to floor with same bolt set up.

like this seat
how did discussion do this??
Old 03-26-2017, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by ilovemykiddos
how did discussion do this??
Hi Kiddos, to the forums!!

If I understand your question, the answer is, it hasn't been done. The picture shown is not an HHR. Everything in the cargo area of the HHR is plastic. This would be unsafe and illegal, as noted above.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:32 AM
Deceased

Can't be, hasn't been, and utterly illegal to do.